It's an amazing time to join Dalet as we continue to shape the future of media production, management and distribution. Mature and stable like a large corporation, yet agile and growing like a start-up, Dalet is the perfect place for talented, internationally minded and highly motivated individuals looking to join a very dynamic company where things get done!
A leading, independent software and services provider, Dalet empowers broadcast and media organizations all around the world. Our solutions allow media professionals to create, manage and distribute (social media, mobile, VOD and OTT) content faster and more efficiently, fully maximizing the value of assets. When combined, Dalet products power end-to-end, unified multimedia operations for news, sports, program preparation, production, archive and radio.
Dalet solutions are used around the world by many thousands of individual users at hundreds of TVs, Radios and other content owners, producers and distributors, including public broadcasters such as the BBC, France TV and Russia Today, commercial networks and operators such as HBO, Canal+, CNN, NBC, FOX, ABC, CBS, Mediaset, and government & international organizations such as the UK Parliament, the UN, NASA and many others.
Top Reasons to Join Us
· Revolutionize a big industry in a dynamic, fast-growing, yet mature, company
· Benefit from great career opportunities around the world
· Make the most of a truly collaborative environment with supportive leadership
· Collaborate with talented and passionate team members
· Enjoy a fun working environment
· Evolve with cutting edge technologies (AI, Cloud, CyberSecurity)
Who You Are
If you’re an enthusiastic, talented and resourceful engineer with the relevant skills & IT experience, we invite you to talk to us about this opportunity based in London or Madrid offices and working as well at our customer sites across Europe.
What You’ll Do
Reporting to the EMEA Head of Customer Services, you will be at the very forefront of Dalet customer service operations and are tasked with providing solutions to technical issues raised by customer’s system administrators.
Reporting to the Head of Customer Services, you will be at the very forefront of Dalet customer service operations and tasked with providing solutions to technical issues raised by customer’s system administrators.
You will undertake all work to the best of your ability and to use your best endeavors to promote, develop and extend the Company's business and interest. You will be part of a technical support team distributed world-wide, with staff located in EMEA, Americas and APAC. You will be a trusted business advisor to key customers providing valuable guidance and optimization of their Dalet solution for smooth operations. By maintaining a long-term relationship and behaving as a customer advocate, you will develop the customer's satisfaction.
You will have the opportunity to learn extremely diverse sets of software, both specialized broadcast software and a wide range of standard Windows software. Working for a growing, global company in a dynamic and ever-changing environment there may be later opportunities for International assignments/relocation.
Technical Environment :
- Windows, Linux
- AWS, Docker, ElasticSearch/Kibana, Grafana.
- Java, SQL
- Nagios, Icinga, Cloudwatch
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience
- Advanced Windows experience is a must. (installation, configuration, registry, etc.).
- Video / Broadcast / Media or File based video/audio formats.
- Knowledge of Database (SQL), Storage.
- Installation and configuration of server/pc hardware.
- Cloud hosting experience (AWS, Azure, …)
- Knowledge of Cloud Computing concepts – virtualization, networking, storage, etc.
- Interest in information security and a desire to learn techniques and technologies such as application security, cryptography, threat modeling, penetration testing, etc.
- Network Essentials - understanding of the various layers, TCP/IP, DNS, etc.
- Experience with threat modeling, especially for web application and web APIs
- Web security and compliance experience (e.g., Firewalls, IDS/IPS systems, DOS prevention and PCI, HIPAA, FIPS, etc.)
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills
- Customer service experience/Strong customer focus
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter who is excited about technology
- Bachelor's degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science or 5 years minimum experience
Highly desirable but not essential skills and experience
- Experience in monitoring systems
- Advanced network administration skills: IPSEC, SSL VPN, VLAN, VRRP
- Advanced docker skills: tweaking, orchestrator
- Video / Media or File based video/audio formats.
- Broadcast experience is a plus (Ingest, Media processing, Scheduling, MAM, Playout etc)
- AWS certification - Sys Ops Administrator
- Working in an international environment, handling complex "escalated" support situations and customer facing relationship.
- Ideally outwardly facing (client) software support.
- Broadcast experience is a big plus and candidates with experience in the Broadcast industry (Ingest, Media processing, Scheduling, MAM, Playout etc) will be looked on very favourably.
- Spoken and written French or Spanish communication skills would be a big plus