We are dealing with a highly dysfunctional market, which takes advantage of users. A market that bets on you being too lazy to deal with your subscriptions: Internet broadband, mobile phone, electricity and others. The result: You get overcharged, on average by 900€ a year in Berlin.
A smart + honest assistant that optimizes all of your subscriptions automatically, without any effort for you. By identifying the best offers based on a constantly evolving recommendation algorithm. Continuously monitoring your contract status by tapping into hundreds of data sources and aggregating the information in a centralized dashboard. A smart assistant that behaves like a good friend does and pro-actively optimizes your subscriptions based on an elaborate rule-set.
We are looking for a talented colleague to lead our development efforts and drive our future-direction. If the following describes you, we‘d love to hear from you:
- Ruby: You spent a good number of years developing a deep understanding of RoR
- Leadership: You have the ability to coordinate all of our development efforts
- Passion: You don’t just want to lead, but are passionate about coding yourself
- Big picture: You keep the big picture in mind in everything you do
Our main application is written using Ruby. Some of the technologies we work with:
- Backend: Ruby, Rails, RSpec and Sidekiq
- Frontend: Backbone, HAML, SASS, D3 and ZURB Foundation
- Infrastructure: AWS, docker and dokku. PostgreSQL and Redis
Besides the base salary, we will provide you with the opportunity to participate in our success via stock options.
Our team culture
We place a big emphasis on our team culture, which is different from most startups:
- Values: We have a clear set of values that drive our actions. And we are not talking about a mission statement that hangs on our wall, but concrete actions that we take to make a difference in how we operate.
- Environment: We design our work-environment in a way that feels good to us. Hence, we pay attention to how it feels spending our working hours in our office.
- Health: We have gotten used to eating healthy lunches thanks to our steaming tradition. Some of our friends who fell in love with our lunches even encouraged us to rename our startup into SteamUp. 😉
- Learning: We constantly experiment with smarter ways of working such as running targeted experiment loops to validate our assumptions.
- Inspiration: We draw inspiration from partners such as the HPI School of Design with which we collaborated as project partner.
- Open mindedness: We don’t believe in traditional work schedules, but rather respect what works best for each colleague in our team.
These are just a few tidbits about how we work. While our team has started other successful companies before (Audible.de is one of them), we believe that we still have a lot to learn. Hence, we are seeking a passionate colleague that not only has the talent to push forward our development effort, but also makes a profound impact on how we evolve as an organization.
We’re curious to hear from you: [email protected]