We strongly believe that the insurance industry needs a remake, which is why we have built Flink, an insurance our users love. Based on simplicity, flexibility and fairness, we have taken the first steps and launched two insurance products (private liability insurance & household insurance) that you can discover at www.goflink.ch.
Flink is a corporate startup located in St. Gallen, Switzerland, and backed by the third biggest insurance company in Switzerland, Helvetia Versicherungen AG. Started as an internal project in late 2016, Flink already offers two basic insurances and an awesome mobile experience. Our products are easy to understand and can be cancelled on a monthly basis, compared to conventional insurance contracts that last for years. We’re two innovation experts with experience in the startup field as well as in the insurance sector.
As the CTO you will be working together with us and be responsible for all the IT development tasks.
At Flink you will be part of our core team and:
- lead a small development support team abroad
- closely be connected to the development of new products and implement them on the website (yourself or with help of our support team)
- be responsible to further develop our chatbot on the website as well as other platforms (e.g. Facebook messenger)
- be responsible for the integration of Flink with the IT systems of different partners (Marketing, Insurances, etc.)
- work with our Marketing expert and be responsible for small to medium changes on the web interface (yourself or with help of our support team)
Experience and skills:
- Proven experience as a Software/Web/Mobile Developer, Software Engineer or similar role
- Experience with the programming language Java
- Experience with databases and Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) frameworks (e.g. Hibernate)
- Experience with build tools (grunt, gulp, maven)
- Knowledge of RESTful web services and the SPRING framework
- Attention to detail and a good eye for design
- Ability to communicate and work in a team
- You should have developed some bigger project (in any language) and be able to work with our developers abroad
- Experience with outsourcing is a plus
- German is a big plus
We’re looking for a motivated team player that is eager to learn. You will work in St. Gallen or Zurich and get a competitive net fixed salary of CHF 5'000 plus a success-based bonus. It's also planned that you receive equity. Start date is as soon as possible. Send your full application to [email protected]