“Online business lending with the X-factor” - The Times
We believe that finance has moved on with technology - and we’re here to make it work better for businesses. We want to help entrepreneurs spend more time on ideas and less time worrying about their cash flow.
So what makes us different? With our smart online platform, we’re making it quick and easy for UK companies to access business finance. But it’s not just about the tech. Our people are our greatest asset and one of the best things about working at MarketInvoice.
We’re a team of bright and talented people from all over the world, who work together to get things done. Positivity is key to our culture, which means we support each other and have a lot of fun along the way.
At MarketInvoice, the opportunity for growth is as big as your ambition. We challenge ourselves to learn more and to think in different ways. In fintech, things move quickly - but that’s part of the adventure.
Our values matter and as part of the team, they’ll be yours too.
#MakeItHappen | #1Team1Dream | #AlwaysBeLearning
Hear from our Co-Founder, Anil Stocker, on his favourite MarketInvoice moment: https://medium.com/@anilstocker/my-favourite-momen...
You’ll join the Risk team and be in charge of assessing credit and fraud risk, structuring funding deals and constantly improving and updating the risk processes and policies. Our default rate is much lower than the industry average and the Risk team has played an essential role in achieving this. Our Risk team sits at the heart of the business, helping to develop new products, meet the needs of our customers, and develop world-leading risk-based pricing models.
On a day-to-day basis you’ll be assessing the credit and default risk of companies applying for funding and you will be deciding on credit limits and loan-to-value ratios. You will work closely with the Sales team in structuring deals that are attractive to customers, while keeping a low level of risk. You will also collaborate with other departments, including Operations, Investor Relations and Legal.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Assess the credit and fraud risk of companies applying for funding
- Decide whether to accept or reject an application, as well as the credit limit and the loan to value ratio
- Ensure that the probability of default is reduced via verification with our clients’ customers
- Liaise with the Sales team to structure complex deals, with the Operations team to advise on how to allocate payments and the Investor team to provide extra information or updates regarding certain transactions
- Increase the efficiency and accuracy of our processes through automation and assist in drafting the risk policies
- You have relevant professional experience in credit underwriting or financial analysis
- You’re analytical, with strong financial acumen, have excellent attention to detail and you’re able to work under pressure
- You’re independent, well organized and with a “can do” attitude
- You work hard and are passionate about achieving great results
- You pitch-in and aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty
- You are data driven, and get things done
- You’re excited by the challenge of revolutionising business finance
Not only will you have the opportunity to make a huge impact at one of the UK's hottest FinTech companies, you will also have access to:
- Best in class share options scheme.
- Innovation days.
- Enhanced maternity leave.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Amazon Kindle and book allowance.
- Clear career progression.
- Private health coverage and half price Virgin Active gym membership.
- Mentoring from industry leaders.
- The opportunity to progress your career at one of the UK’s hottest FinTech companies.
- 25 days of annual leave per year, plus your Birthday off.
- A great office (complete with roof terrace, ping pong, table football and beer fridge) in the heart of Shoreditch
If this amazing role excites you, then get in touch ASAP!
We will do our best to reply to all applications, however if you have not had a response within 4 weeks, please assume your application has not been successful.
How will we use the information about you?
We will use your data to process your application, to allow us to assess your suitability for a role and improve our sites. We may share your data with third parties to achieve these purposes. We will not share your data for marketing purposes.
We will keep your data safe in accordance with data protection legislation.
If you would like further information on how your data may be used please visit our website at https://www.marketinvoice.com/terms-and-conditions
If you are unhappy with the use of your data, you can change your mind at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on the role and MarketInvoice, please visit https://marketinvoice.workable.com/jobs/743116