What you'll do
- Be a passionate advocate for riders and drivers while answering any questions that come your way.
- Show empathy to frustrated riders and drivers while solving problems and addressing unsatisfactory experiences.
- Solve contacts from customers impacted by the fraudulent activity or Uber's related actioning
- Proactively review allegedly illegitimate trips and transactions or compromised accounts
- Work with high-impact brand safety issues responsibly to resolution and tailoring approach to regions market customers
- Summarize findings from the cases tackled into trends and meaningful timely actionable recommendations
- Gather knowledge about all kinds of fraud happening during Uber rides and the methods the company is using to tackle them. Share findings with teams and relevant invested parties.
- Work cross functionally within the COE, with regional coordinators in EMEA and the Central Ops team on fraud trends
- Triage issues and escalate them when necessary
What you'll need
- Willingness to take anti-fraud or analytic career path and gain relevant skills and experience. Experience in analytics or data-driven fraud investigation will be a plus
- Comfort in handling potentially conflicting communication with riders or eaters whose personal data and/or credit card details became exposed or with drivers whose earnings were not paid out. You will be doing that for the major part of your work day
- Extreme attention to detail and willingness to dig into the rabbit hole to understand the situation when standard methods and procedures do not produce results. This will be critical to be able to draw actionable conclusions from many separate cases.
- Written and spoken English at B2 or above, IELTS 7.0 or above, as most of work will be done in English
- Very good written communication skills. Your work will assume proactive and reactive messaging with riders, drivers, and eaters as well as with a wide group of stakeholders. Ability to maintain concise, yet insightful and constructive communication at all times is critical for the team's purpose
- Interest in working with SQL queries and handling spreadsheets with large amounts of data will be a plus. This will make a difference between quality of insights you will be bringing to the stakeholders.
- A bachelor's degree or college experience preferred
- Amenable to work time that is shift based totaling 40 hours per week. Weekend and weekly evening shifts are required
- Base compensation + performance bonus
- Private medical (covered by the company)
- Uber credits (monthly allowance to spend on food delivery and rides)
- Catered lunches and onsite snacks and drinks
- Additional training and courses (clear career path)
- Team building activities, company events
- Relocation package (if you need to relocate to Poland for this role)
- Friendly atmosphere, casual dress code
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.