At WeWork, we provide inspiring and flexible workplace solutions to help businesses small, medium or large thrive in more than 150 cities globally.
The future of work is happening right now, and we are leading this moment. United by a common purpose, here we will empower tomorrow's world at work.
Join us on our journey as we give our members the freedom and support to push boundaries in their industries, and work to redefine our own.
About The Opportunity
Our Community team is an integral part of our business with the mission to enable our members to create their life's work.
As a Community Manager, you will be required to report to buildings you manage each day and will be the owner of the Member experience in each building in your portfolio, generally 2-4.
You will also be responsible for ensuring we are meeting our member's needs and our WeWork global standards and targets on member experience satisfaction.
In this role, you'll:
Membership Commitment & Retention:
Assume ownership and manage the relationship with key accounts within the multiple buildings you oversee.
Ensure all accounts within your buildings have an assigned point of contact.
Meet with members to resolve issues, process member terminations, and other issues of complexity.
Serve as a point of escalation and be a final decision maker on WeWork policies and procedures to members.
Monitor the Medallia escalation process to ensure alerts are being properly addressed.
Be accountable for member retention, Net Promoter Scores, and overall member satisfaction.
Review Net Promoter Scores and member satisfaction results regularly and implement building-specific plans to improve KPIs.
Lead building site tours for VIPs as needed.
Communicate and drive the success of business updates, process changes, company initiatives, and goals to the team.
Building Operations and Management:
- Ensure quality and upkeep expectations are being adhered to and SLAs for member submitted requests are being met.
- Hold the team accountable for general operational policies and standards.
- Engage with Landlords in conjunction with the Asset Director and Real Estate to handle any building-related escalations.
- Escalate reoccurring issues as it relates to 3rd party vendors to appropriate teams for resolution.
- Be accountable for building-level Opex in partnership with the Building Operations team.
- Conduct tours of the space for potential new members while sharing benefits tailored to their needs
- Analyze cluster ancillary revenue data, drive initiatives to increase ancillary revenue in your cluster and partner with central teams on ancillary revenue driving projects (i.e. private events, partnerships, parking, etc.)
- Oversee Community responsibilities for Member companies in buildings where Community is not present which may include owning certain operational duties, liaising with Sales and Account Management, as well as supporting specific contractual agreements.
- Oversee and lead teams within your buildings to execute on their objectives as an individual and a team to reach business & member goals.
- Ensure teams have been trained thoroughly during the on-boarding process and have the tools necessary to succeed in their respective roles.
- Ensure your time is split appropriately between your buildings to make sure teams feel supported in their day-to-day activities.
- Support direct reports in the creation of a development plan, through ongoing tailored coaching and by meeting with them weekly in a one-on-one setting to deliver feedback.
- Support individuals to pursue meaningful growth opportunities, within the role and through promotion. Recognize positive performance as appropriate.
- Track performance of direct reports regularly and conduct performance management reviews in sync with WeWork's People Calendar.
Budget Setting & Expense Tracking:
- Provide input to and set monthly, quarterly and yearly budgets Review monthly building budget and result comprehensively for optimization.
We'd love to hear from you if you meet the qualifications below:
5+ years or equivalent experience in hospitality, marketing, multi-unit retail, startups, finance, consulting, or related experience.
Customer service experience required:
- 2+ years of management experience of leading a team made up of individual contributors.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience preferred in Business, Marketing, Hospitality, or other related degrees.
Understanding and experience leading a team:
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills, project management, and business operations experience.
- Like challenges, and embraces change in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate integrity, dependability, responsibility, accountability, self-awareness, work ethics, and compassion.
Life At WeWork
Being a WeWorker is more than just a job. We believe the magic of work is sparked by the passion you bring, the places you go, the people you meet and the purpose you follow.
And it starts here.
- Here you will brush shoulders with those who dare to dream and do.
- Here you will be welcomed by a diverse community that embraces and inspires you because together we can achieve more.
- Here we challenge ideas, and explore new ways of getting things done. Whether you are part of our Employee Community Groups, or part of a global project, we ask you to bring your open-minded attitude and collaborative spirit.
In return, you will be part of a team where your unique perspectives are celebrated.
WeWork is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
We do not discriminate based upon gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil status, pregnancy (or pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression, transgender status or gender reassignment, race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including genetic testing and characteristics), military or veteran status, or any other grounds or characteristic that is protected under the law.