iwoca is breaking down the barriers that stop Europe’s 20 million small businesses from accessing finance. Traditional bank loans have slow application processes, inflexible terms and burdensome criteria. In contrast, we use cutting-edge technology to offer flexible access to credit with a five minute application process and a decision in hours.
Since 2012, we've lent over £400 million to over 20,000 businesses across Europe. Our customers include everything from cafés to car dealers, salons to solicitors. Along the way we have built a sophisticated technology platform, won numerous awards and grown a fun, and vibrant team.
However, we’re still near the start of our journey – our aim is to finance a million small businesses within a decade and so we need more smart, hands-on people to help us reach this goal.
At iwoca, we truly value every customer and want them to have the best possible experience. Our Client Onboarders play an integral role in our Customer Success team as they are responsible for nurturing the early stages of our client relationships.
As a Client Onboarder, you’ll be a key member of a highly motivated and energetic team, taking on responsibilities in your first weeks. You will collate all documents and data necessary to make lending decisions for our applicants while keeping them well-informed of the application procedure. You will utilise your rapport building and sales skills to educate applicants about our product and the benefits it can bring to their business, all in aid of converting them to a loyal customer.
You’ll be the first point of contact for the majority of our clients. You will therefore be expected to engage with all customers in a friendly and professional manner, ensuring a positive customer journey.
You will be:
- You’ll be proactively reaching out to businesses to help them complete their application and provide the necessary documents required for us to make a lending decision.
- You’ll be responsible for overall client satisfaction; following up with clients in a timely manner whilst ensuring they are educated on product offerings in order to foster long-term business relationships.
- Liaise with various teams within iwoca, such as sales, customer support and underwriting to achieve the best outcome for your customers
- You will have the option to get involved with projects running along side your day to day role, sometimes with other departments, to help improve our customer journey.
- We’re a young company and our department needs to adapt to new products, customer needs and industry challenges on a regular basis. As a new team member, your contribution of ideas to improve our processes will be listened to but also expected just as much as your experienced peers.
- ‘Feedback is the breakfast of champions’ - You will also be required to give feedback to your peers and management team to help us constantly improve individually and as a team.
- A passion for delighting customers and a real enthusiasm for helping SMEs
- Strong communication skills and excellent manners are essential
- A real knack for building rapport quickly over the telephone
- You must have the ability to construct well written, friendly responses to both emails and web-chats from customers, often under tight time constraints
- We work in a fast paced environment so it’s important to have great time-management and multitasking skills
- You’ll need the ability to "think outside the box" and have the confidence to put forward ideas to help us improve our processes, often to other departments
- We welcome people who are proactive, motivated, and metrics-driven who have an ambitious and entrepreneurial spirit
- Being tech savvy is a big plus
In addition to a competitive salary, we also provide the following:
- A smart, fun and internationally diverse team - together, we represent over 35 different nationalities
- Company retreats in great locations - we have at least two per year in places like the French Alps and by the Spanish seaside
- A really lovely office in central London - we’re right by Tottenham Court Road, and close to the bars, theatres and restaurants in Soho and Fitzrovia
- Pool, ping pong, foosball tables and tournaments, morning yoga and an ever-growing number of active clubs (you can set up your own!) - such as climbing, chess, cycling, football, running, boxing, etc
- Regular novelty perks such as free massages, which can be proposed by anyone in the team
- Plenty of drinks and snacks in our office kitchen
- Cycle-to-work scheme for great value bikes
- Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave and shared parental leave
- Stock options for all employees after 6 months within the business
- 25 days holiday a year, plus all UK Bank holidays, plus a day off for your birthday
- The opportunity to give your time to support a charity of your choice, via a paid volunteering day
- Additional leave so that you can take more time to go travelling or to study, outside of your holiday allowance