CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER (m / f / d)
We believe in a future where we will live and work hand in hand with intelligent machines. To this end, machines will need to learn to communicate like humans do.
At Tribe, we bring conversational A.I. to life by giving it a human face. Why? Because the most natural interface is a face.
Interacting face-to-face lets you gaze into each other’s eyes, smile or keep a straight face, and react to that naturally. We have created a technology that can spark the human element in any application, from A.I.-powered customer support bots over virtual store assistants to the next generation of in-game characters.
Our two co-founders Kevin and Julian have more than 15 years of experience in mathematical research, technology start-ups and top-tier consulting.
We are small, high performing team of eight located in Berlin, Germany, are funded for the next 18-24 months and are now looking to grow our team and scale our customer base. For this, we are looking for exceptional individuals who share our passion and want to join us on our exciting journey.
Reporting to Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Chief Operating Officer (COO) is responsible for designing, implementing, and managing business operations across Tribe which include but are not limited to defining company strategy, managing partnerships, overseeing customer operations and support, leading recruitment, and overseeing people and culture. Additionally, the COO will be responsible for leading additional initiatives at the discretion of the CEO. Initiatives will likely span across market analysis, use case validation, and user testing; however, support may be occasionally required outside of these topics and will be at the discretion of the CEO.
The COO will:
- Oversee daily operations of Tribe
- Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures as required
- Oversee the design and management of customer operations and service activities
- Manage relationships with partners and vendors
- Ensure operational readiness of Tribe proposition
- Lead recruitment initiatives
- Lead community engagement efforts (e.g., meet-ups) including working with Technical, Product, and Marketing leaders to develop engagement strategy, negotiate sponsorship opportunities, and organise and manage staff participation
- Lead people & culture initiatives and define policies that promote company culture and vision
- Assist the CEO in fundraising ventures
- Join the leadership team (CEO, CTO) in managing budgets and accounts until a CFO is hired
- Lead additional initiatives at the discretion of the CEO
The COO is expected to:
- Solve problems by:
- Structuring and breaking down complex business and delivery challenges into simpler problems to be tackled by team members
- Conducting analysis, collecting data as needed, and synthesising recommendations
- Clearly communicating outcomes of analysis
- Drive value by:
- Facilitating key sessions (e.g., meetings, workshops, discussions), and driving to outcomes by creating agenda, preparing content, and debriefing on outcomes when appropriate
- Challenging product and technology decisions
- Optimising productivity of team members
- Managing a complex set of dependencies, and working with multiple stakeholders (internal and external) to remove blockers reach a specific outcome
- Champion culture by:
- Role modelling key agile behaviours including ownership, entrepreneurialism, drive, and collaboration
- Acting as an advocate of agreed ways of working
- Encouraging creativity and outside the box thinking
- Assessing and driving health, happiness, and sustainability, supporting lifestyle, culture, and excitement within teams
- Providing thoughtful feedback to team members and taking accountability for quality of outputs and analysis
We encourage an open feedback culture in which all team members share and discuss feedback continuously. In addition, personal development goals for each team member will be defined jointly and reviewed regularly. For the COO, personal development goals will be defined and reviewed informally with the CEO on a monthly basis. Performance will be reviewed more formally on a quarterly basis by the CEO in conjunction with Board Members as is appropriate.
- Competitive salary
- Possibility of stock options and founding team member status
- Working with a stellar team with 15+ years’ experience in university research, tech start-ups and top-tier consulting
- Flexible working patterns
- 25 days holiday
- Subsidised healthcare protection
- Free Urban Sports Club membership