Do you want to create new IoT solutions that will change the biotech world? Are you an experienced firmware engineer? Then we may have the right job for you!
OSPIN is a Berlin based company developing scalable automation solutions for biotechnology. In devices based on our platform technology user can create and execute bioprocesses from a wide range of application contexts from medical to food technology. We are using IoT technologies to create seamless user experiences with connected devices.
We are an interdisciplinary and passionate team people with the aim of establishing an open bioprocessing platform as the “operating system” of modern biotechnology.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- You will design and develop embedded firmware for microcontrollers and embedded Linux systems.
- You will design APIs for communication between microcontrollers and embedded Linux systems, as well as bewteen embedded Linux systems and our Web Application.
- You will develop the firmware necessary to connect new sensors and actuators into the existing system.
- You will translate new ideas and use-cases into working technical solutions.
- You will redefine the way biologists are working by developing digital tools that make bioprocesses automatized, more reproducible and easily scalable.
Your qualifications – solid and appropriate
- The basis of your success is a Master degree in computer science or equivalent.
- You have several years of professional experience in microcontroller programming.
- You impress with C++ skills.
- You know your way in the AWS world.
- Good understanding of IoT communication protocols such as MQTT
- You are well versed with Linux on a system administrator level.
- You are able to read electronic circuit schematics and know how to build circuits for prototyping.
- You have experience in organizing Git-based projects.
- Since you will work in a highly international team, your command of the English language must be excellent. German skills are a plus.
- We are a small company: you are independent and self-motivated.
What we offer
- A job in which you have a great impact on the product.
- We are a small and friendly company that believes in and supports self-development: we like to see our colleagues grow in the company.
- You will work with a dedicated team of colleagues from many different countries.
- An office in a cool neighborhood
How to apply
Send us your CV and a cover letter explaining with your own words why you would like to do this job and why you would be good at it. Do you have a previous project you are really proud of? A public GitLab/GitHub/Bitbucket profile? Please include any of these you feel relevant in your application!
We only consider applications including a proper motivation letter.