We are an urban digital solutions provider, passionate about solving the biggest problems facing smart cities & urban mobility today.
We are a talented and experienced international team of engineers & data scientists based in London, that have already won several awards together and are now looking to disrupt our market and scale globally.
We now have an immediate opportunity for a Business Development Manager to join our expanding team.
The Business Development Manager will be a high-energy and self-driven individual with knowledge of technology and proven business-to-business sales and account management experience. This person will be tasked with generating sales and achieving maximum profitability against annual sales targets.
So, if you are an ambitious business development manager looking for a new, exciting opportunity where you can put your skills and experience to the test, learn some new things and help build one of the most exciting IoT businesses of a generation, please get in touch.
- Researching and prospecting new prospective customers as well as progressing existing opportunities
- Identify key decision makers and develop strategic relationships by understanding their complex business challenges and becoming a trusted advisor.
- Cultivaterelationships to encourage referenceable customers, with primary focus to acquire new business from prospecting to closure.
- Manage client & prospect meetings (including overseas, where required) and follow-up all meetings as necessary and within agreed timeframes.
- Preparing and managing business proposals in a bid process, negotiating services contract and managing the sign-on.
- Secure the data collection from all necessary stakeholders within the customer and the partners. Adapts solutions design, as necessary, to ensure appropriate support.
- Generating and increasing revenues through the production of new customers via outbound telesales (including cold-calling) and client facing activity.
- Maintain accurate records of all sales activity and prepare regular forecasts to enable effective forward planning.
- Prepare for and participate in team meetings that will review performance, share ideas and initiatives, communicate objectives and agree plans.
- 5+ years of proven revenue-generating experience in sales processes and solutions selling in ICT, Facilities Management, Digital Records or Data related industries.
- University graduate in relevant discipline, ideally an MBA or Masters degree holder.
- Experience closing complex sales cycles in a consultative manner and achieving sales targets.
- Ability to make decisions and think about the wider picture, considering the impact to the entire company.
- Strong interpersonal, planning, and analytical skills. Be able to influence and negotiate.
- Ability to develop solutions that map to customer requirements with excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
- Ability to organise own workload and working to deadlines.
- Proficiency in MS Office and sales CRM software
- Willing to travel overseas, both long- and short-haul
- Fluent English essential