At Jump.Work our mission is to empower businesses to make the best hires for their team and help professionals find a role in which they can excel. Founded in early 2016 and focused on disrupting the recruitment agency market, we are rapidly growing.
We are seeking an energetic, go-getter for our Business Development Internship. You'll be working directly with our Client Partnership Manager in London to build our user base in the legal sector in London. This is either a full-time/ part-time opportunity, 6-12 month internship, perfect for your final year internship; between your bachelor & master or after graduation.
At Jump.Work we have a mission, and we work hard to make it happen. This means it’s not a 9-to-6 job, and it won’t be always easy. Building new business initiatives from scratch, and constantly striving to improve them, there will be lots of ambiguity, a ton of stuff you have to teach yourself. If you’re looking for a lifestyle job then this is not right for you. However….
If you’re ambitious, up for a real challenge, like working with fantastic ambitious people, develop and stretch yourself to the limit, read on! This traineeship will push you outside your comfort zone, allow you to create your own opportunities, and develop yourself professionally. This is a great role for you if you’re not afraid to get your hands dirty, do mundane work as much as exciting new things to make things happen. Plus, if you show exceptional performance in this role, there is an opportunity to join in a graduate role after.
You’ll be helping us solve question such as.. Who are the best legal firms and stakeholders to target? What events should we target? What messaging appeals to them? How do we close deals? What content appeals to them?
You’ll be in charge of
- Conduct market research to identify, segment and profile new opportunities within specific market segments
- Support the partnership manager in reaching out to new clients via email and in-person
- Attend in-person and video meetings with bigger clients, preparing & attending pitches to learn about different sales techniques and client needs
- Identify and attend industry events to gather customer feedback and source new leads
- Help collect and structure customer feedback and share this with the CEO & product team
- Co-develop marketing and sales material such as case studies and email, working with the partnership manager and marketing team
- Implement creative ways to improve our customer relationships and grow business by promoting Jump.Work
- We offer a unique opportunity to truly develop your entrepreneurial skills and learn how to build a company from scratch
Everyone on the team is super friendly and believes our team is at the core of our success - You must believe in this too. You like to ‘get shit done’ and are not afraid to upwards manage and ask for help where necessary to ensure success. You can come up with next steps and take initiative to start on them without being told exactly how to do it.
Working in a fast-growing startup in London is awesome. But are you cut out for it? Before you continue reading (and apply for this position), please read this to get a taste of “real” start-up life:
We're looking for someone with a great personality and passion for business development, or an interest to learn about it!
- Are organised, detail oriented, and don’t mind doing market research
- You are comfortable, and hopefully enjoys, using MS Excel
- Love to interact with customers, are open-minded and good with people, and love learning about clients’ real problems.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication in English
- A love for startups, a can-do attitude and lots of energy
- Are not afraid to learn fast and are eager to experiment with new, out of the box solutions to achieve our goals
- An interest and/or background in the legal or recruitment sector is a plus; and so is previous marketing or business development, but this is not necessary
We are very open to new ideas and initiatives, which gives you the chance to make your mark on the success of our start-up. In short, this is an extremely rewarding role for the right person and a fantastic intro to life in start-ups.
Simply apply via our careers website: www.careers.jump.work
Or send your CV and a great motivational note to [email protected]