We are Seven Senders. Our product revolutionizes cross-border e-commerce in Europe. We enable online shops to ship to customers abroad 30% cheaper and twice as fast. In order to accomplish this task, we are managing the physical flow of goods and organize all required logistics processes. Technology is the key enabler of our business model, ranging from transport management systems, analytics for shipment processes to parcel tracking and tracing solutions for customer parcels.
Technology is the key enabler of our business model, ranging from transport management systems, analytics for shipment processes to track and trace solutions for customer parcels.
Our growing cross-functional tech teams consisting of product managers, software engineers, infrastructure and QA specialists, and other disciplines take complete ownership of key products and platform components.
The Core Services team builds the fundamental services of our platform, that are in charge of all shipment data of millions of parcels. It's a set of microservices that are in charge of storing data from API, processing business logic, and interacting with other services.
Our microservice architecture is based on JHipster framework, Java 11, Spring 5 on Spring Boot 2, AWS services like SQS, managed MongoDB, Docker managed with AWS Elastic Kubernetes Service backed with Terraform, React with Redux on the frontend.
As a software engineer in the team, you will implement new key features as well as maintain existing ones together with your peers and deliver initiatives agreed in the quarterly planning. In this role, you will also collaborate heavily with product management, infrastructure teams, and our business intelligence team.
You will have ample opportunity to grow with the team and its exciting product mainly in the areas of analytics, data architecture with increasing volume as well as machine learning.
- 3+ years of professional experience with Java and Spring
- Hands-on experience in developing REST-APIs in a microservices setup
- Good knowledge of MongoDB (or any other NoSQL DB)
- Pragmatic drive with action bias and can-do attitude
- Good English communication skills both verbal and written (German not required)
- Passion for data-driven, data-heavy backend applications
Optional, but appreciated
- Hands-on experience running containers in production
- Experience with AWS
- Proven experience building distributed systems and big data architectures
- Deliver (code) pragmatic solutions to meet product goals
- Help drive technical architecture evolution with your team and your engineering manager
- Identify and implement innovative solutions with a strong focus on robust operations
- Take ownership - also in production (you build it - you run it)
- Ensure code quality and actively participate in code reviews
- Learn continuously and raise your level
- Get into new technologies and solutions fast, whatever is needed to do the job
Why Seven Senders?
- You will shape the platform to deliver millions of parcels across Europe
- A great product and a highly motivated and experienced team that wants to push boundaries
- Modern tech stack
- A rapidly growing multinational team with long-term prospects
- Personal development and conferences budget
- A lively startup atmosphere in the heart of Berlin (including kicker and rooftop terrace)
- In-house German courses
- Relocation support
- Free choice of hardware and OS
- Flexible working hours
- Other perks like free drinks, sweets, fruits, weekly tapas