Job Description Summary
San Augustin de Guadalix
BD is a global medical technology company focused on improving drug therapies, enhancing the quality and speed of diagnosing infectious diseases, and advancing research and discovery of new drugs and vaccines. BD provides an environment which enables our highly talented workforce to be the best at their professions. We are always seeking people who have a passion and commitment to join our Company on its journey to ‘helping all people live healthy lives’.
Our San Augustin facility is home to approximately 400 associates and specializes in the development and manufacture of plastic, purpose-designed drug delivery systems which are supplied to the pharmaceutical industry for filling and distributed to end-users worldwide.
As Automation and Control Engineer, reporting to our Maintenance Manager, you’ll be accountable for the maintenance and improvements of the Electrical/Electronic installations of the Plant. That’ll involve leading the overall automation maintenance operations, in order to warranty the proper running of all manufacturing processes within your responsibility scope. Additionally, you will lead or involvement in process improvement projects related to automation, PLC programming, data collection and cycle optimization.
In addition to close liaison with project teams to ensure support is provided to meet project objectives, your other key Automation and Control Engineer responsibilities include:
- Supports the Electrical/Electronic Maintenance Team in order to make sure that effective Preventive, Predictive, Improvement and Corrective Maintenance is done in Production and General Service Equipment.
- Collaborates in the failure solving process with the production maintenance people.
- To collaborate and work together with Project team in regards of activities and timing needed for equipment startup, URS and equipment and components selection.
- To participate in the startup of new equipment.
IMPROVEMENTS IN EQUIPMENT
- To minimize technical issues in these equipment.
- To lead or collaborate with Process Engineers, in respect of the improvement of equipment.
- Develop and follow-up the new improvement or expansion projects with CB2 preparation as necessary.
- Contact with Electrical-Electronic Suppliers in order to get help in improvement projects, technical problems or material quotation requisitions.
Educated to degree level in Engineering, in Automation or equivalent, you’ll have a proven Industrial background and at least 5 years´ experience in Automatic processes, Machinery, Installations, Automatic Control and PLC programming. You will also have a strong Networking knowledge (IT & industrial)
Proficiency in Spanish and English is required.