Are you eager to help accelerate agrifoodtech startups that shape a sustainable food system? And do you have strong (online) detective skills? StartLife is looking for a Startup Scout. In this position you fulfill a key role in our startup accelerator: scouting promising food- & agtech startups that we give a boost forward with our support programs.
As Startup Scout you search and attract the most promising (inter)national agrifoodtech startups that we can support with our StartLife Accelerate program and Corporate Partner program. You act as a contact person for our startups and corporate partners and you will help to organize meetups with those partners. It will be an adventure in which you’ll meet the most inspiring impact-driven F&A startups, come across breakthrough technologies and work with an amazing team at StartLife. You’ll quickly grow your network in the startup scene and build relations with leading food & agriculture companies and startup hubs.
What you will do as Startup Scout at StartLife
- Participate in offline and online agrifood events to identify startups for our programs and act as direct point of contact for new startups
- Perform intakes with startups to analyze and screen them, and recommend the most promising to the StartLife team
- Manage relations with other startup programs/incubators in The Netherlands and Europe to identify potential startups
- Engage with our corporate partners and investor partners on their innovation challenges
- Manage online channels and social media to identify – and engage with potential startups
- (Help) organizing meet & greets, selection days, demo days, and other events.
What we ask from you
- Understanding of and affinity with startups (own startup experience is a strong plus)
- Strong interest in novel technologies in the agrifoodtech domain
- A higher education degree (bachelor or master) in the domain of food technology, plant sciences, agrotechnology, biotechnology, biology or a related relevant field
- Excellent English and preferably Dutch communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability and confidence to engage with representatives from large companies
- You can organize online meetups and a keen user of social media
- You have a getting-things-done mentality, initiate action and like deadlines
What we offer you
As a Startup Scout, you will work in a young and dynamic team of 14 people on Wageningen Campus in the brand new Plus Ultra II building – the heart of the agrifood startup community. We offer an interesting function with a lot of autonomy in an international working environment and a great team.
Your salary depends on your knowledge and experience; gross minimum € 2,158 and a maximum of € 2,932 for a full working week (36 hours). The duration of the employment contract is initially for one year via Randstad Payrolling with the intention to extend.
StartLife is the top agrifoodtech startup accelerator in The Netherlands and Europe, co-founded by Wageningen University & Research and Oost NL, the regional development organization. We offer a world-class acceleration program, top industry business mentors, non-equity funding and access to a global community of startups, investors, corporates and experts. Since 2010 we’ve supported over 300 agrifoodtech startups that have raised over €137 million follow-on capital.