<h1> About us </h1>
A home changes lives.
Having a place to call your own, to build memories, to feel complete… that’s something we appreciate the importance of. It’s why, at Trussle, we’re passionate about making home ownership more affordable and accessible to everyone.
As one of the most exciting fintech scale-ups in the UK, we’re leading the charge in revolutionising the journey of owning a home. We’ve started with mortgages, making the process transparent, simple, and intuitive. Our customer-first approach has made us the highest rated online mortgage broker on Trustpilot, and key partnerships with the likes of Revolut and Zoopla have helped us reach millions of home owners across the UK. But with £10 billion wasted each year by home owners being on the wrong mortgage deal, we’re far from done.
We have big ambitions, and this is reflected in the funding position we’re now in - nearly £20 million from carefully selected institutional investors including Goldman Sachs, Propel, and LocalGlobe - investors that have backed the likes of IHS Markit (Nasdaq), coinbase, DocuSign, Citymapper, Improbable, Lovefilm (acquired by Amazon), Transferwise and Zoopla (London Stock Exchange). Sky News broke the news of our latest funding round, which you can read here: https://news.sky.com/story/goldman-backs-digital-mortgage-broker-trussle-11364294
We’re excited to present you with this opportunity to join Trussle, the home of home ownership.
<h1> The role </h1>
We’re looking for an experienced data analyst. You will play a key role within the team, allowing us to make intelligent, data-driven decisions that help drive growth through our various initiatives related to marketing, retention and scalability. You will be the authority on defining, tracking and communicating KPIs, and will work closely with the rest of the team to optimise our products for the best customer experience. More specifically, we are looking for the following three fold outcomes and criteria in this hire -
- Transaction ownership - you take pride in ensuring we have useful data on demand. A real strength of yours though, is analysing and translating such data into (i) market leading insights that your colleagues can execute on and (ii) concepts and propositions that the board can weigh in on and use to make critical decisions.
- Rigorous analysis - Trussle is growing fast. Ensuring we manage our customer obligations in the most efficient manner is paramount to our growth. This means that the business often wants great conclusive information on demand. However, you always ensure we all get the full picture.
- Succeed on iteration - given our rapid growth, information needs to be agile and automated in approach. We are big advocates of ensuring people feel and think like owners across the business. Hence, information needs to be free flowing even if sometimes incomplete - the key is that we improve our decision making across the business continuously.
<h1> About you </h1>
- Actionable analysis - this skill could have been gained through experience working in a product led organisation with significant stakeholder feedback loops, ideally at a leading institution. You know how to distill natural language requirements into robust ones that can yield insights. You have experience developing reporting capabilities through automation and optimisation using advanced SQL (or equivalent) and data visualisation skills. You also effortlessly articulate these insights.
- Other - (i) experience dealing with critical business issues, (ii) willingness to respond to ad-hoc requests and projects, (iii) strong academic credentials, and (iv) excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Pragmatic coding ability - you are fluent in at least one relevant programming language (or have the ability to learn fast) and can adapt to a variety of languages to implement algorithms (such as Python/R (or equivalent)).
- Customer focus - of course you know how to fluently apply Bayesian and Machine Learning techniques, but regardless of the framework you focus on the customer and helping the business succeed.
<h1> Company structure working culture </h1>
Structure - we work in autonomous teams of which each team is equipped with the talent and tools required to perfect acquisition, retention and the scalability of our product.
Results over time - we trust people to manage their time to focus on results. If you need to work from home to finish a project or leave early to manage your energy, ensure your manager knows in advance, but as long as the results are there we encourage you to take it.
- (i) Professional development – budget plus time (5 days!) to spend on whatever helps you improve and deliver outcomes.
- (ii) Workplace pension - we're set up with Aviva to make sure we're contributing to help you save for retirement.
- (iii) Season ticket loans - to help you secure any discount available on a 12 month ticket.
- (iv) Holiday – 25 days a year + an extra day for your birthday,
- (v) Socials, food & drink - Free breakfast, fruit, tea and coffee, beer and wine on Friday, team lunches every other week. We also host plenty of socials.