As an Account Executive at Backbone, you will be part of a tech company revolutionizing the production of photography at scale. We work with brands across Europe and provide them with the tools to simplify the production of professional visuals. Through our platform, businesses are able to instantly order a photoshoot across Europe and will receive their visuals within 48 hours.
We also provide the tools that our community of creatives needs to remove all potential roadblocks to them providing the best service possible. These include taking care of prospecting, booking, content hosting, post-production, invoicing, payments etc. Our mission is to disrupt the way visual content is created... and we’re just getting started!
What we look for
To further develop our activities in Switzerland, we are looking for an Account Executive to join the team.
This is a key position within our Sales Team where the candidate will be responsible to grow the Swiss-German market and provide expert advice to our key accounts while helping to execute and achieve team sales goals. Your core responsibilities will include (though will not be limited to):
- Lead your market from a lead generation and sales perspective in collaboration with the marketing department.
- Prospect, qualify, and nurture leads through the sales cycle resulting in long term commitments.
- Partner with our Operations team to ensure long term customer experience excellence.
- Provide regular updates to your team about objectives and processes.
- Shared values: Comfortable living and working in accordance with Backbone’s values of respect, passion, innovation and customer-centricity.
- Ambitious: Energetic profiles willing to tackle a new challenge in a highly stimulating environment, with a high level of autonomy.
- Doer attitude: You like to try new things and have ideas to challenge the status quo; you are not afraid of mistakes and roll up your sleeves to make things happen.
- Team player: You like to spend time with your colleagues, share your knowledge and go one step further to achieve the team goal.
- 3+ years of experience in sales, account management or sales related fields, ideally in a start-up environment.
- You are fluent in German and Swiss German, and ideally also proficient in English. French, Italian would be a plus.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You are disciplined in your approach to daily activity planning and goal setting.
- You are conscientious and willing to service customers and develop business relationships.
Why join Backbone
- The chance to work for an exciting tech startup growing rapidly across Europe and backed by leading European VCs.
- Backbone has been elected amongst the top 500 startups in the world by Web Summit.
- Be part of a unique adventure to disrupt an industry and contribute to the evolution of the way visual content is produced.
- Work in an inclusive environment with great personal career opportunities.
- Remote flexible position with opportunities to travel when regulations allow it.
- Backbone provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.
- Step 1: 30’ minutes phone screen with Philippe (Sales Manager Switzerland)
- Step 2: 45’ minutes interview & case study with Federico (Co-founder and CSO)
- Step 3: 30’ minutes interview with Dorian (Co-founder and CEO)
- Full-Time, competitive salary with portion of variable and stock option plan
- Location: Geneva or Berlin, with flexibility regarding home office (up to 3 days/week)
- Language: Swiss-German mandatory