**Technology behind Vawlt**
Data is distributed in multiple clouds, simultaneously, creating a cloud-of-clouds.
Users’ data is available even if some of the clouds are down, if they lose or corrupt the data, and also if they are hacked.
Data never goes through Vawlt server; it travels directly between the users’ machines and the storage clouds. This increases scalability and decreases operational costs.
Performance, availability, and security of the data plane are never compromised, even if Vawlt server is down or overloaded.
IMPROVED DATA SECURITY
Proprietary end-to-end encryption protocol, with which only the data owner has access to the content
of the files.
Data encrypted and signed (for privacy and integrity) at client-side, and the keys never sent to Vawlt’s server unencrypted.
Articles about Vawlt:
- December 30, 2021 Portuguese startups in 2021: a tale of sailors and reinvention
- August 9, 2021 10 Lisbon-based startups to look out for in 2021 and beyond
- January 22, 2021 Weekly VC Overview: The 80+ European startup funding rounds we tracked this week (Jan 18-22, 2021)
- January 22, 2021 Lisbon-based Vawlt lands €550K for its B2B cloud technology
- February 18, 2020 10 promising Portugal-based startups to watch in 2020