Digital Fineprint is an insurance technology start-up founded in 2016 at Oxford University. We work at the intersection of social media and insurance and are leading the way in digitalising the insurance industry. We were named "Best General Start-Up in the UK” in 2016 and have previously worked with Allianz as part of the Allianz Accelerator, with Accenture as part of their FinTech Innovation Lab and were selected to partner with MetLife’s Singapore-based LumenLab as part of their collab programme. In December 2016 we closed our angel funding round having raised $400k and we recently won the UK Business Angel Award for "Best Investment in Fintech".
We're currently looking for a full-stack web developer to join our expanding team. Reporting into our Head of Development and working alongside our development team, you'll play a critical part in designing, building, refining and supporting our technology stack, providing the architecture to help the business grow. We want all team members to be open to new challenges and, as we are a startup, you can expect that your day to day role will involve a lot of other interesting problems to solve.
What you’ll be doing
- Building new, innovative products
- Working with our existing development team on team projects
- Working and researching independently
- Shaping the direction of our company
Our Tech Stack
We understand that the tech stack is important for potential candidates. Here’s an overview of what we’re using right now, but you’ll have an influence over our future stacks.
Microsoft kindly sponsored us with over $350,000 of credit for Azure by adding us to their Bizspark+ programme. You’ll have access to these credits to try things out.
- We’re currently developing our APIs in PHP using the Laravel framework.
- We’re using Python for our data analytics, and interface it with our PHP systems.
- We’re database agnostic but generally use MySQL, although we’re considering PostgreSQL.
- We’re using Docker for containerisation.
- We’re using Angular and TypeScript plus Bulma on frontend projects.
- Other tools we’re using: Bugsnag, the Atlassian stack (Jira, Bamboo, Bitbucket), Forge.
We generally use PHPStorm as our IDE, but you’re free to choose whatever editor you want. We can provide you with a company laptop - Mac, PC, Linux, it's up to you!
We’re also checking out .NET Core MVC (C#), so there is the opportunity to develop C# skills for those interested!
So if you are a self-starter, team player and are keen to be part of a fast-growing startup in one of the hottest parts of insurtech right now, look no further!
- Experience with PHP7, having used a popular MVC-framework such as Laravel
- Have previously used a range of libraries, frameworks, and templates (e.g. JQuery, Bootstrap, React, Angular)
- Experience of both front-end and back-end development
- Experience in creating RESTful web services, and using other APIs (especially social media APIs)
- Good knowledge of relational databases and SQL
- Commercial web-development experience
- Experience with the Laravel framework
- Some exposure to Python or C#
- Knowledge of TypeScript an Angular2
- Experience with Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, or AWS
- Competitive salary
- Stock options (depending on experience)
- Allowance for software and learning resources
- Flexible working environment, including our office in South Bank
- Free beer, coffee, coconut water, cashew nuts and other treats
- Team lunches
- Office ping-pong matches
- Office puppy
- Experiencing life at a startup in one of the hottest parts of the market right now!
(Please note that we don't work with recruitment agencies/IT contract firms/outsourcing partners, as we do all our recruitment and development in-house.)
To apply for this position please go to: https://digitalfineprint.workable.com/jobs/535237/candidates/new