As a Site Optimization Analyst at FindHotel, you will get the chance to work on our brand new hotel metasearch website. You will be responsible for analyzing user behaviour, finding areas of improvement and guiding our AB testing. We're looking for driven experts who understand e-commerce user behaviour and who have the technical & analytical skills to make sense of the mountain of data our users generate. This is a great challenge for the data savvy web enthusiast who wants to join us in our quest to build the next generation of hotel metasearch!
What you'll tell your friends about your job
"I'm a web analytics ninja and I help people find the best hotel for the best price."
What you will actually be doing
- Analyse user behaviour to discover insights
- Analyse website performance to identify room for improvement
- Analyse and interpret AB test results
- Take charge of improving the setup of Google Analytics & GTM
- Lead conversion optimisation initiatives
What a day in the office might look like:
You start the day by checking up on the results of the AB tests that are running to see if any require attention. During the daily team stand-up you'll present your latest findings on user behaviour, suggest improvements and raise problems or challenges you have faced. Before lunch you set aside time to research intriguing questions that you want to investigate - the difference in the behaviour of users searching for nearby vs far away destinations for example. After lunch you meet with the Testing Committee to brainstorm about new AB test ideas and prioritizing the backlog. You'll finish the day by implementing tracking of new data points in Google Analytics to understand user interaction with a new component on the website.
You'll be working within our product squad which is made up of a product owner, UX designer and web developers.
Why join now?
- We have just transitioned the product to a new platform, built a local team of 6 experienced product developers, and are looking to grow traffic from 1.5M monthly visitors to 10M+ within the coming year, through product improvements
- Completing our mission goes through rapidly evolving our product to become an efficient tool users love. Doing that in a niche as large and as competitive as online accommodation is a rare opportunity to make a dent in the online world.
- We are a profitable company that grew from 12 to 30 team members in the past year, with a strong user-acquisition engine and a lot of room to grow. It's an exciting journey in a company that's driven by data.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to work in a diverse international team in a start-up environment
- An agile environment where communication and initiative are valued and cherished
- No nonsense! We’re proud of our flat hierarchy and short democratic decision paths
- A fun work environment that includes a delicious lunch, fruits & snacks, beer tap, ping pong and foosball
- Competitive compensation package including bonuses and Stock Appreciation Rights
- Flexible time off vacation policy
- Great new spacious and light-filled office located in central Amsterdam
People we love:
- Highly analytical and data driven: ability to assemble, analyse and interpret data to make decisions and communicate findings
- Great intuition and passion for e-commerce analytics, conversion optimisation and user experience
- Experience with web analytics tools, especially Google Analytics & GTM
- Experience with AB testing
- Technical skills to work with large, multi-dimensional data sets (affinity with SQL and BI software is a nice to have)