VP of Product Management at Urban Jungle
We are looking for someone to join our growing team, working directly for the CEO, to help us design and build the world’s best insurance products.
This is a unique opportunity to get into the rapidly growing Fintech space and benefit from being one of the early employees in a well-funded tech startup, as well as learning from our experienced co-founders (ex Facebook, Google, MoneySupermarket). We’re redefining how insurance works for young people, and this is a great opportunity to make your mark.
You will have full responsibility for product management at Urban Jungle, shaping the way we think about the whole product lifecycle. Responsibilities will include everything from idea development and prioritisation, to UX, wireframing, design, customers testing, data analysis and customer feedback, as well as the processes that make it happen smoothly.
Candidates for this role might be an ambitious Product Manager at a tech business looking to accelerate their career, or a Head of Product who wants to have more direct impact and wants to mould a core business function from scratch. Either way, we want someone to get their hands dirty initially and grow as the organisation grows.
This role will allow you to be at the forefront of how insurance is shaped for the next 2 decades. There will be constant opportunities to work on exciting projects, and rapidly evolving responsibilities. and as this is an early stage startup you should also expect to muck in on whatever needs doing as there will be plenty of grunt work and gap filling to do.
We’re looking for someone who will think broadly about the customer problems that the business is trying to address, and how to solve them. We want someone who will be a leader as we build up the team in numerous areas.
- An experienced product manager who can carry out the basics of product management in their sleep.
- Very bright and able to process and synthesise information.
- Self-starting and a natural do-er
- Friendly, open, collaborative and comfortable working in teams of different types and sizes.
- A great communicator and able to articulate what a great product looks like and take the team on the journey to getting it built.
- Able to think creatively about solutions to fundamental customer problems.
- Excited about the challenge of a startup – especially getting to help shape the business from a very early stage.
- Creative with a natural feel for design
- Highly numerical and data driven.
- A very strong academic background, including a degree from a top university
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience as a product manager in a tech business.
- Experience with the tools of the product management trade.
You can expect from us
- A competitive compensation package, including material equity options
- Clear objectives, regularly updated, with regular formal feedback
- Whatever kit you need to be effective
- Lots of fun socials and events
- A commitment to coaching and development
- A supportive environment where you are given room to grow
You must be able to work regularly at our offices in Oval, though we are open to considering flexible working options.
The hiring process involves an initial phone conversation, followed by a practical and CV interviews with key team members.
About Urban Jungle:
Urban Jungle is an insurance challenger brand.
We want to turn the world of insurance upside down and put the customer at the centre of everything. That means insurance which is designed for you, easier to buy and manage, and better value.
We are particularly focused on making it easy for young people to think about and plan for their financial futures. Join us and help shake things up.
Send an email, with your CV attached, to [email protected]