Fraugster is a German-Israeli payment security company with the goal of eliminating fraud and increasing our customers’ profits. Over the last two years we’ve invented an artificial intelligence technology that combines human-like accuracy with machine scalability. This ability lets us foresee fraudulent attacks before they actually happen and gives us a distinct competitive advantage over every other player in the payment security space.
We are currently recruiting for a rare individual to join our team in Berlin as Fraugster’s VP of Engineering (f/m). Motivated, intelligent and unique; you will truly be pivotal to the engineering department’s success within the company.
- You will provide overall strategy and technical direction for the development team
- You will be responsible for and lead all projects and deliveries within the engineering domain
- You will set up the technical vision, roadmap and workflow for a team of 11 Back and Front End Developers and DevOps Engineers whilst reporting directly to the CTO
- You will be required to work in a collaborative, cross functional environment
- You will interact with the company board and serve as a key participant of the management and leadership team
- You will frame objectives and standards of performance for the team, as well as establish individual goals and procedures
- You will motivate your staff, whilst providing direction and guidance
- You will assist with the growth of the engineering team by hosting interviews as required
- You will develop your team members both professionally and personally as they take on greater responsibilities
- You will travel to events, conferences and industry shows as required (both domestic and international)
The skills and requirements for the role include:
- You have 10+ years’ experience within development and engineering
- You have 4+ years’ management experience
- You are fluent in business English and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You are passionate about managing and mentoring people
- You are a natural leader, who can be both adaptable and flexible to business needs whilst displaying integrity and emotional maturity
- You have professional experience within a start up
- You acquired a related academic degree
- You have demonstrable experience in scaling both teams and product architecture to comply with global operations
- You have hands-on experience with big-data/high availability products
- You have experience with containerized environments with Docker, CoreOS and Kubernetes
- You have stakeholder management experience
In return, you will not only secure a once in a lifetime role but we will also offer you the following:
- A leadership position in a high-growth company – build your team, drive quality, shape the culture and make an IMPACT
- A brand new, modern office in the heart of Berlin
- Competitive salary & company shares
- A creative, focused and dedicated team environment
- Bi-monthly company social events; poker, volleyball, chocolate making, pub crawl.. You name it!
- An opportunity to be an integral part of an organisation that encourages innovation, contribution and creativity
- The challenge of fighting the good fight against cyber-criminals, shoulder to shoulder with the best industry experts, using the most advanced AI technology
We are looking forward to receiving your application!