Emitwise is a fast-growing startup, whose vision is to accelerate the transition to global carbon neutrality. We build software to help companies track and reduce their carbon footprint.
The following information aims to provide potential candidates with a better understanding of the requirements for this role.
We're a seed-stage company backed by top-tier Silicon Valley investors, including True Ventures and Ex-Uber CEO Ryan Graves.
We've been covered by world-leading publications like Forbes, Business Insider, and Fast Company.
Why does Emitwise exist? Climate change is the defining issue of our time and we have reached a defining moment.
While the threat to our planet is dire, the opportunity is also historic.
But we need to move quickly.
Our team is determined to create a world where every organization, big or small, is able and willing to play its role in the fight against climate change ☀️
Who we are "Does it get the world to net-zero carbon faster?" Spend any time with the Emitwise team, and you'll hear this asked multiple times a day.
At Emitwise, we've built a team that has the skillset and ambition to bring automated carbon accounting to life -- saving businesses time, money, and emissions.
Ultimately, we're a group that share a deep passion for sustainability and our crafts.
About the job:
Reporting to the CTO, you will be responsible for building the Emitwise platform, providing our customers with cutting edge reporting and tools that help them to drive towards a carbon zero future.
You will also be responsible for managing, nurturing and growing our talented engineering team, supporting their career development and leading by example.
The company will look to you to establish an engineering culture that delivers high quality software founded on robust development practices.
Your work will be critical to the success of Emitwise and will include the following
* Take ownership of the successful delivery of the platform.
* Ensure our software is well maintained and secure.
* Manage our engineering team, helping to grow the team, both through training and development for existing staff and working with the CTO on hiring.
* Lead on the overall architecture of our systems.
* Work collaboratively with all areas of product to develop new functionality for our customers, striving to find ways to delight our customers, and ensuring that the entire team has a good understanding of the feasibility and complexity of any new functionality.
* Work with the CTO on our hiring strategy in engineering as we rapidly grow.
* The ability and inquisitive nature required to quickly learn about carbon accounting, with everything from environmentally extended input-output models, to life cycle assessments being a base level required as we quickly innovate beyond the current cutting edge technology.
About the candidate:
Relevant candidates will likely have:
* Experience of engineering leadership at a Series A or beyond startup.
* Track record of working well with all product stakeholders to deliver customer-orientated software, preferably in B2B SaaS.
* The ability to be a hands-on technical leader, will be expected to lead code reviews and help instil development best practices.
The most relevant candidates will be able to demonstrate:
* Experience working with AI / ML / NLP or similar technologies
* Experience with architecting, implementing and running operationally large scale data and infrastructure platforms
* Experience of building out integrations with enterprise data systems