We are TravelPerk: a fast-growing, well-funded startup that, since its creation in early 2015, has raised over $30M by world-class investors in some of the most disruptive companies in tech industry including Slack, Trello, Twitter, Farfetch, Deliveroo and Delivery Hero. Our team is made up of A-players from the top companies in the online travel industry - Booking.com and Skyscanner among others.
Our mission is to revolutionize the B2B corporate travel market where over $1.25 trillion is spent each year. In 2017 we grew 1200%, we were named as the fastest growing SaaS startup in Europe (#4 in the world) by SaaS1000, and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired.
If you’re ready to take off with us, keep reading!
We’re looking for a VP Customer Service who is a hungry, dependable, ethical, hands-on, and customer-centric professional who is experienced in building, growing, and developing high-performing customer service teams. A person with a proven track record within high NPS, customer-obsessed, B2B/SaaS companies(ideally in the e-travel sector), and demonstrated successes in setting up efficient processes that scale from 10s to 100s of people.
Someone who is tired of companies providing poor customer experience and is committed to delivering a service level that exceeds our client's expectations, motivating and compelling them to retain and expand their accounts with us.
If this sounds like you, we need to talk.
As a VP Customer Service, you will own the customer service process end-to-end, forming the glue between the Sales team and our Clients, ensuring smooth transitions, outstanding customer support under every circumstance, and upholding our company’s 7 Star satisfaction promise.
You might be the right person if you are driven by delivering an end-to-end 7 star experience to our customers while ensuring efficiency and scalability are always taking into account to meet the company’s short, mid and long-term ambitious growth goals.
Beyond the requirements listed above and below, you must possess a genuine hunger to build a great customer service program from the ground up and scale it, so be ready to roll-up your sleeves!
What will you do:
- Team Management
- Hire, on-board, train, and develop at an exceptional level.
- Ensure effective coaching, mentoring and further development of your team.
- Lead a team of 2 Team Leaders / 30 Agents and grow it to 7+ Team Leaders / 100+ Agents in the next 2 years.
- Build and Lead a team of CS Experts (Among others: Training, Quality, Customer Experience).
- Partner with product and engineering to deliver a high level of automation and reliability.
- Build extremely efficient processes aimed at delivering an amazing customer experience to maximize revenue.
- Provide strategic and operational leadership to manage budgets and service level agreements, and support new business development.
- Promote continuous improvement and ensure that the company’s multi-lingual team provides the highest level of 24x7 quality customer delight.
- Develop and implement an strategic plan designed to enhance current operations and provide the scalability required for planned, continued growth.
- Report on Key Customer Service Indicator to the Senior Management team.
What you need to have (a reference check will be done at the end of the process):
- 7+ years related leadership experience in a 24x7 customer service/contact center environment.
- Experience in fast growth company within an international environment is a must (ideally a well-known, B2B startup).
- Proven experience going above and beyond to provide an amazing service that delights customers, with a proven high NPS.
- Great communication skills in English: You can clearly explain (verbally and in writing) the connections between larger business goals and CS goals to any type of stakeholder.
- Proven experience having scaled a Customer Service team from 10s to 100s of agents as the direct manager of the team (not support roles).
- Proven experience designing and implementing a Customer Service plan to help support the scale of a high growth company.
- Experience in managing Customer Service both in house as well as outsourced.
- Being an empathic leader with a desire to build a world-class Customer Service organization within the constraints of a responsibly managed business.
- An extremely Analytical & Data-Driven DNA -> Among others, you have:
- a strong talent for stats and analytics.
- attention to detail.
- the ability to talk in numbers, and only use opinions when the search for data yields no results.
- a clear knowledge of the ins and outs of your B2B Customer Service KPIs, always have the numbers at your fingertips and enjoy analyzing performance through data.
- an expert level using MS Excel and CS tools.
- Being Very well organized -> You excel at taking a big idea and breaking it down into an actionable project, process, or tasks to execute on. You have great prioritization and focusing skills, and you believe in 80/20.
- You are Accountable and Pragmatic: You always deliver and have a startup mindset, which means you can think and produce quickly. Collaboration comes naturally to you, and you are capable of driving towards quick wins and last minute opportunities.
- Strong sense of ownership -> You always assume responsibility and commitment to tight, challenging deadlines.
- Resilient -> You have a strong character, perseverance, and grit, while you are humble and ready to give and get feedback understanding it as an opportunity to grow or help others do so.
- Competitive nature -> you are results-driven, motivated by challenge, over-achiever in everything you do and have a winner mentality.
- Strong executioner -> You have a talent for simplifying complex ideas and making them happen. You don't get easily overwhelmed or stuck in planning mode.
- Team Player -> Whatever the problem, you are always part of the solution.
- Technically capable -> you have a passion for technology, data, process, and problem-solving. You quickly understand how to use, set-up and integrate a wide array of technologies independently.
- Inspired -> You are passionate and can inspire others.The idea of learning how to grow a company pumps you up, and are ready to roll up your sleeves to make that happen.
- Independent -> You don't need hand-holding to get things done.
- Comfortable working outside of the comfort zone if needed.
On top of that, you will only be the right candidate if you are:
- Honest, open and trustworthy: your peers and managers can trust you. You are a team player, don’t play political games, and care more about the team’s success than about your own career gains.
- Focused and determined: You don’t let yourself be distracted. You can focus on accomplishing big wins and don’t get lost in less important ideas that are floating around.
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation including equity in the company.
- 24 vacation days per year and flexible working hours.
- Health perks: Choose between a private health scheme or a gym allowance.
- “Flexible compensation plan” to help you diversify and increase the net salary.
- Coffee and beverages, fresh fruit and other breakfast stuff provided.
-This position requires you to be based in Barcelona. We can help with relocation from anywhere in the world.
-English is the official language at the office.
TravelPerk is an equal opportunity employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.