Booklyng is a start-up who is changing the way hotel booking are made online by adding real time intelligence and personalization technology to hotel websites. We are part of the Telefonica acceleration program for start-ups (Wayra) and our offices are based in the headquarters of Telefonica, sharing a vibrant space along with other start-ups, in an extremely stimulating and enriching environment. We have built a powerful intelligence engine that can manage and improve any touch point along the booking journey experience of any customer, in conjunction with a powerful platform of personalization tools. We are now ready to go even farther to disrupt the way travel bookings are made online... maybe with your help too? :). We want to reinforce our team with people that get enthusiastic about our project, as much as we are, hungry for new challenges, willing to improve and learn continuously their knowledge. Our offices are based in Madrid and Barcelona, Spain.
We are looking for a visual designer who loves to take a concept to an awesome design that provides easy-to-use, intuitive and delightful experience to users. The candidate should be able to work both in front end and back end applications for a variety of web development projects. You will create the visual design and brand for our core tools, optimized for web and mobile, but also for our offline and digital presence such as website, email and marketing campaigns. You will have the opportunity to influence how users interact with our products and services, used by top international companies in the travel industry. And the results, how people choose to interact with our tools, will have a direct impact on the success of our business.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Create visual assets that will “talk” as people do offline
- Work with the Commercial and IT teams to execute great UX for our products by delivering the final creative assets
- Work with the IT team to ensure your UI designs are implemented
- Work with Marketing and Product teams to design and deliver creative, beautiful and effective digital campaigns
- Define guidelines that apply to our marketing and communications collateral
- Understand customer pain points, come up with solutions, and then prototype, iterate, and launch frequently
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 2+ years of visual design experience across web and mobile platforms
- Inspiring portfolio showcasing a range of graphic design projects (web graphic design would be an added plus)
- A good English level is a must, a good Spanish level is a valuable asset, Italian or any other language is a good plus.
- Excellent Creativity and Designing skills
- Have a BA/BS degree in design, fine arts or equivalent experience
- Ability to work in HTML and CSS
- Strong creative and graphic design skills with strong knowledge of layout, typography, iconography and colour palette.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator or Sketch.
- Pixel-perfect attention to designs - but you know when it's important to ship and iterate later
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Experience designing animated interface (HTML5) elements is an added plus, but it is never too late to start with it
- Comfortable in a small, collaborative and fast-paced environment
- Empathy for customers and pride in building a world-class product
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- How to work in a fast-paced startup, across a variety of teams
- Applying visual design to both B to B and B to C
- How to work with print as well as digital formats
- How graphic design impacts the user experience and contributes to its success.
- Working with visual services and tools that boost brands perception and communication, applying it to marketing and innovating on it
You will directly work with the founders! You will be an important part of the company and see your design directly implemented. We work from the beautiful Barcelona; our offices, 300 meters to the sea (on the 11th floor, with a beautiful view to the sea), are 15 minutes away to the vibrant and exciting life in the cosmopolitan city centre. We work in an open and shared space with other promising tech startups, with a very nice and young atmosphere, within the Telefonica offices (one of the most important telecommunication companies in the world).
HTML, CSS, Mobile Application Design, Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Website Design, Adobe Fireworks, Sketch, Spanish language, English language