Who are we?
Primephonic is a digital music start-up that has been dubbed by the media as ‘the Spotify of classical music’. With the best 100% classical music streaming service we are reinventing the digital classical music experience and reigniting a global passion for the genre. Classical music lovers are currently heavily underserved in the digital space. We are changing this by offering the world’s most extensive classical music catalogue, the highest audio quality and the best search in the industry. At the same time, we pay out classical artists in a fair way. Primephonic launched its streaming service (Android, iOS and web) in the United States, United Kingdom and The Netherlands in the Fall of 2018. Our global roll out is planned for the Summer of 2019. Based in Amsterdam, with a commercial office in New York City, our rapidly growing team is home to over 30 passionate professionals of ten different nationalities.
We are looking for a talented and energetic visual designer trainee who likes to develop images for in-app usage. You will be in the lead for developing images of artists, playlist covers, and banner content for our app and web-player. All our users will see your designs on a daily basis, so your impact is huge. In addition, you will support our visual designer in developing marketing communication materials (e.g. ads, videos and visuals for email-marketing).
In this role you have the opportunity to learn a lot about visual design, marketing in general and how a fast growing international oriented tech-start-up is organized. You will work in a multidisciplinary marketing team, including senior marketeers, content writers, a social media marketeer, CRM marketeer and a visual designer. You will report to our Chief Marketing Officer.
Our preferred candidate
- Is currently studying or recently finished a studies in graphic, digital, or multimedia design
- Is eager to have their first experience in the working world, and is ambitious to learn
- Has an eye for detail - pixel perfect
- Is fluent in English as this is our main working language
- Has understanding of the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator).
- Is creative and conceptually strong
- Experience in editing movies is a plus!
- Interest in (classical) music is a bonus.
Why join us?
- You will get a non-sugar coated insight in the world of streaming services and the way we disrupt the market.
- The chance to learn about visual design, marketing, and to gain insight on how a tech/music startup works, being guided by experienced leaders and professionals.
- You will join a very inspiring, global, and international young team of 30+ music lovers from 10 nationalities.
- Purpose driven organization: our product makes people truly happy
- Attending live IT demos of our product advancements
- Great internship compensation package, including free and fresh cooked lunch, masterclasses, monthly office outings and last but not least Friday afternoon drinks with live music in our office!
- Engaging and rewarding internship in our diverse and expert Marketing Team
- Gross fulltime based allowance of EUR 500,-
- 50% travel allowance
- Flexible availability for 4-6 months, min. 4 days per week
- Last but not least: free subscription to the Primephonic App for the duration of the internship!
Get in touch with us today!
If you would like to apply for this position, please go to: https://join.primephonic.com/o/visual-designer-internship-1