The VP of Marketing at Andrew Alliance is a senior level leadership position and a critical member of the company’s leadership team defining the strategy. The VP of Marketing at Andrew Alliance will be responsible for developing a comprehensive global marketing plan and its execution in close alignment with all key stakeholders. The VP of marketing will establish and develop an international marketing team fit to deliver on all key elements of the strategic plan e.g. delivering leads to the sales team, feed online sales, support new product launches, contribute to new pricing definition and subscription model implementation, establishing the branding identity of Andrew Alliance and promoting product/application solutions through comarketing partners and the other internal teams.
The VP of Marketing will additionally gather market intelligence, identify market trends, and anticipate competitive threats. The role holder and the corresponding team will combine strategic market understanding with product marketing function to ensure that market opportunities are clearly prioritised and executed; that the new product portfolio positioning is maximally effective, and that value propositions are clearly articulated by the worldwide sales and service teams towards distributor partners and target customers in the key markets like biopharma, CRO’s, Biotech and Clinical labs among others.
This person will interact with the product management and R&D functions to ensure that market and partner requirements are integrated into product strategy development. He/she will also develop and maintain relationships with key opinion leaders to support the development of Andrew Alliance product sales and strategy across targeted markets. He/she will liaise with stakeholders within Andrew Alliance and business partner organisations to ensure that all customer-facing personnel are provided with necessary marketing support to attain the overall company objectives.
Accountabilities and KPI’s
- Proactively manage marketing funnel and create quality leads at maximum speed and efficiency
- Focus the marketing and the organization on value added liquid handling applications of the commercial products in the life science space, more specifically Biopharma drug development,clinical research CRO’s and Biotech accounts
- Develop a global marketing plan and an annual tactical implementation plan
- Execution of tactical plan and continuous update of the marketing plan, maximizing company awareness
- Manage and maintain relationships and vertical co-marketing and co-sales agreements with business partners
- Work with all stakeholders to develop a coherent global strategy for the marketing plan, and execute the underlying marketing plan for direct and partners’ markets.
- Plan and spearhead all new product and brand launch activities. Work closely with the product management functions to organize pre-launch activities, including identification of beta trial/reference sites, organization of the trials and tactical use of the results, key opinion leader references.
- Website content creation, it’s continuous evolution and SEO improvements – including marketing automation implementation – to brand Andrew Alliance and drive quality lead generation.
- Collaborate with sales, service and support, partners and users to deliver customer proof statements, white papers, publications and citations, scientific posters, and establish great customer testimonials
- Prioritize marketing activities and investment in target market segments based on the size of the market opportunity, value proposition, and resources constraints.
- Develop and execute tactical plans to meet and exceed revenue goals for designated applications including direct marketing campaigns, seminars/presentations, promotions, communications, tradeshows and conferences.
- Identify specific customer workflows, challenges, and needs and build promotional tools to maimize the value of Andrew Alliance’s expertise and technology portfolio.
- Analyze global sales data and develop metrics to measure ROI and conversion rates for all business and promotional activity performance, and jointly identify best commercial tactics together with the sales responsible.
- Monitor market dynamics for product sales including emerging applications, customer’s needs, funding sources and trends, key influencers and opinion leaders, compelling reasons to buy and existing purchasing behaviours.
- Monitor competitive activities, develop a competitive intelligence database and provide input to corporate and regional strategy development.
- Provide market trends for revenue growth and market assumptions for budget discussions. Based on understanding of user requirements, provide global customer input into product specifications for future product development and improvement, feedback competitive information and identify marketing tools requirements, and participate to the pricing strategy and recommendations.
- Responsible for marketing training of the sales team, the service team, new hires, and recurrent training of all relevant parties, in particular for coordination of new product launches.
- CEO Andrew Alliance
- VP Sales
- CTO R&D and Director R&D OneLab
- COO Production and Product Management
- Service and support Director
- Business Development VP’s and the sales and service teams members
- Key customers, business and channel partners, distributors, industrial and academic subject matter experts
- Vendors of marketing automation solutions and services, CRM, Website development and any other digital or legacy marketing solution providers
The role holder needs to be an accomplished digital marketeer with direct and first-hand understanding of the global marketing world, and avid networker with good communication skills and with strong marcom credentials; capable of thinking strategically but also very hands-on as part of a small team, following through with the tactical execution of programs.
- At least Bachelor’s Degree in Biology or a related scientific discipline (Molecular Biology, Genetics, Microbiology, Immunology or Biochemistry) required; an MSc. or PhD. qualification would be an asset.
- a major knowledge, based on first-hand experience or relevant studies, in marketing and more precisely digital marketing. Previous relevant business/marketing management responsibility is strongly desired.
- C2 or C1 English language proficiency required, French or German being optional but welcome assets.
- A relevant work experience in the industry within marketing and in particular within the USA market, ideally including liquid handling, lab automation and workflow solutions, LIMS or ELN Software experience would be an asset; application related competencies in Bioanalytics (using tools like LC/MS, Flow Cytometry, etc.) are a condition; experience with applications fields like Immune Oncology, Protein expression and analysis or Genetics would be a real plus.
- A capable manager with good project management skills and proven experience in developing and delivering processes and structure to a growing marketing organisation of a rapidly transforming and expanding international company.
- Significant expertise of progressive marketing, high level of quality lead generation and lead nurturing, brand-building, primarily in the life science markets.
- Strong expertise of building and managing the marketing funnel; keen understanding of all marketing channels with established competence in co-marketing application-specific solutions together with business or channel partners, and use of data analytics to measure ROI and performance.
- Demonstrated success in launching and establishing new product portfolios ideally representing highly complex liquid handling solutions consisting of a robot, application specific accessories, consumables – reagents/kits and standalone or integrated software platforms, guaranteeing improved scientific results and enhanced research efficiency and time-to market.
- Knows how to partner with users and to cooperate with business partners to jointly develop proof statements, white papers, publications and citations, scientific posters, establish annual customer awards and research prices and to establish great customer testimonials.
- A keen and fast learner and adaptor, who is entirely comfortable and competent with all digital marketing channels, B2B marketing through own proprietary data and control platforms, website design and optimization, adept in utilizing marketing automation and social media marketing as lead generation, branding and dissemination platforms.
- Ideally possess a deep understanding of how liquid handling, automation and cloud-based software influences research; but as a minimum has the educational background and hunger to constantly learn and understand how the technology applies in this area and become an expert of applications in the market place.
- A track record of line management is important, but more importantly is a demonstrable track record of working effectively in a small and dynamically evolving start-up company.
- Demonstrated success and experience in defining and analysing pricing and channel strategies, marketing of technical services and regulatory compliance support – subscription model based sales, but in general a proven ability in launching highly complex scientific solutions with partners to improve research outcomes.
- Proven ability to communicate and strategize with product management and R&D to interrogate, develop and understand customer needs and plan marketing activities that deliver compelling and unique solutions.
- A demonstrated ability to balance effective strategy with operational details and deliverables.
- Sound commercial and operational expertise with proven interpersonal skills as evidenced by the ability to influence key stakeholders (C-level, sales & support, operations, R&D, business partners and other key influencers and customers) by defending ideas and execution on strategic and operational initiatives to drive global success.
- Proven ability to win with customers and partners alike, build a strong competitive advantage.
- A great team player passionate about achieving group success that understands that it takes a team to win with customers.
- Proven ability to lead, manage and influence a broad spectrum of disciplines with divergent interests to create a defined and focused strategic and tactical game plan.
- Exceptional communication skills both face to face, on the phone and on-line, in English; articulate, persuasive, and proven ability to influence at all levels of the organization across functional and geographical boundaries.
- The ability to create enthusiasm and drive within the commercial organization, business and channel partners and with customers.
- Results orientation – confident in owning and being accountable for marketing performance that is measurable and reviewed regularly.
- A progressive, creative thinker and problem solver with the ability to grow personally and to integrate best practices.
- A strong initiative and willingness to take ownership and drive projects to completion.
- Good risk awareness and an effective problem solver, with sound data analysis and interpretation skills; possessing the ability to spot issues early and to recommend creative solutions.
- The ability to grow with a dynamically changing and evolving organisation; constantly challenging the status quo.
- Self-directed individual with strong initiative to address strategic or operational gaps that may affect company’s ability to compete and win. Should display an exceptionally high degree of technical – application competence and confidence.
- Customer focused with demonstrated ability to build effective relationships internally and externally and evolve those relationships over a significant period of time; the ability to interface with the scientific and partner community to the highest levels.
- The ability to earn the confidence and respect of colleagues and to promote the culture of flexibility and collaboration; the ability to interact with colleagues and business partners at all levels.
- Self-motivated with the energy and drive to take on tough challenges, work under pressure and see issues through to conclusion.
- Established success record of relocating to take on a new responsibility and willingness to travel up to 25% of the time to global locations.