The VP director is tasked with managing a Venturing Vehicle (the Venture Partnership) and developing new, digital-era concepts and ventures within the Financial Services sector. These will be realised as pre-seed fintech startups funded by the Venture Partnership. Our venture design process is best delivered by people with both digital product design and entrepreneurial skills, combined with team, product and project management ability.
Manage the day-to-day operations of a venturing vehicle (Venture Partnership) created to build start ups in financial services in collaboration with one or more financial institutions.
The VP director will orchestrate resources and ideas from within anthemis, our broader ecosystem and the partner institution(s) through a formal venture design process
This involves identifying untapped market opportunities and novel user needs, creating a venturing thesis and building investable businesses around it. The VP director will be directly accountable to a venture committee
The VP director will also
- Develop concepts, pitch decks and demos to articulate the value and vision of said startups such to attract world class founders and release the necessary pre-seed funding (from the vehicle)
- Run workshops, oversee research, design & development activities combining external client attendance with designers, developers and strategists
- Support the development of startups as an entrepreneur in residence (EIR) to seed stage investment through advice and domain expertise
- Manage a pool of talented associates on a rotational basis
- Raise external awareness of activities to help attract and recruit team members and founders
Expertise and skills
- Project, process and team management – demonstrated by relevant experience, such as leading product venturing and development teams, incubators or startups
- Digital product and/or service design – demonstrated by a portfolio of examples, such as applications, user interfaces (UI) or user experiences (UX) and other technical skills in B2B and /or B2C
- Entrepreneurship – demonstrated by previous experience in a management/leadership role within a startup, running incubator programs, or similar entrepreneurial activities.
- Business design knowledge – demonstrated by relevant work experience performing activities such as building, investing, evaluating businesses, developing business models or assessing market size/dynamics.
- Financial services domain expertise – demonstrated by experience working in the financial services sector, particularly banking.
- Private Healthcare by Vitality - your health is important to us which is why we offer all employees a comprehensive healthcare scheme.
- Company pension - up to 3% matching & Group Life Assurance Scheme 4 x salary benefit
- Holidays - it's important you take time off! You get 25 days throughout the year to take a well earned rest. In addition, you get 8 public bank holidays, so a total of 33 days & bank holidays.
- Regular yoga classes, pamper sessions and office snacks to encourage a healthy work / life balance.
To apply please visit https://www.workable.com/j/1929A7CEC2