WATTx is shaping new industrial ecosystems. We do this as a venture builder that focuses on solving the challenges industrial players face, who are looking for ways to harness new technologies and build new business strategies in the Age of Automation.
Currently, the UX team is looking for a friendly, well organised, and independent User Experience and UI Designer. As part of the team, you will be working with researchers, venture developers, data scientists and engineers, solving challenging industry problems, designing concepts and user interfaces for various users, testing the user flows with them, conducting workshops as well as presenting the outcomes to the WATTx team and our clients.
Do you always think about putting the user first and try to balance it with business needs? Do you have previous experience working as a UX designer, ideally in the dynamic tech ecosystem, consulting, or service industry environment? Do you enjoy working with engineers, data scientists and business developers? Then we might have the perfect job offer for you.
WHAT YOUR MISSION ENTAILS:
- Advocate the user experience for both customers and our internal projects
- Translate user insights and concepts into wireframes and mockups that lead to intuitive user experiences
- Work with clients to identify project goals and methods
- Work closely with user researchers, engineers, and other stakeholders through the entire project lifecycle from problem to solution
- Take design ownership for all phases of UX and UI work: research, conceptual design, prototyping, detailed design, usability testing, and implementation
- Test design concepts and prototypes with users to validate product experiences and propositions and gather feedback through experimentation and iteration
- Communicate results in compelling ways by creating narratives and using storytelling techniques to deliver research findings and insights that generate shared empathy, emotion, and engagement from team members and clients
- Design workshops and coach internal and external team members on Design Thinking techniques and methodologies
TO START YOUR MISSION YOU WILL NEED:
- 3+ years working experience working as a UX/UI designer for digital products
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in HCI, Interaction Design, Anthropology, Psychology or similar
- Solid understanding of HCI and Design Thinking principles
- Command of qualitative and user-centered design methods including, but not limited to, card sorting, usability studies, user flows, persona creation, user journeys
- Ability to think critically, adapting the appropriate methods to specific development and ideation stages as well as design questions
- Passion for and experience with B2B products is a plus, as well as the ability to balance the design work with business and strategic requirements
- Ability to work in a fast-paced agile environment where speed and results must be balanced to meet project needs
- Proven experience influencing product design and direction based on customer needs
- Great communication skills - fluency in English, with German as a plus
- Portfolio (website) showcasing work examples
WATTx is a new kind of company builder focused on creating deep technologies in the industrial and consumer Internet of things. We are a full-stack team: hardware and software engineers, data scientists, user experience researchers and designers, venture developers, and strategists. Our cross-functional project teams take a user-centric approach to identifying opportunity areas in particular research areas that inform ideation sessions. Solutions that evolve from these sessions are quickly prototyped and vetted as pilots with clients, investors, and potential partners. Dedicated to lean development and a sprint spirit, we expect research kick-off to venture spin-out to take a matter of a few months.