Lime is a smart-mobility provider that offers cities an array of mobility products including e-assist bicycles and electric scooters. Lime aims to revolutionize mobility in cities and campuses by empowering residents with cleaner, more efficient, and affordable transportation options that improve urban sustainability.We are looking for an outstanding lawyer to join our fast-growing team as Senior Counsel, EMEA. The role will be based in Berlin, Germany and report to the Head of Legal, EMEA who is based in Dublin, Ireland. You will advise on and manage a fascinating variety of legal and compliance issues across EMEA at one of the most dynamic startups in history. If you have experience in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to be a founding member of the company’s EMEA Legal Team, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
What You'll Do
- Serve as a strategic partner providing legal guidance to cross functional groups and teams -- from Operations and Government Relations to Product, Engineering, Finance, HR and Facilities -- on all matters that affect the company in Germany but also more widely throughout EMEA, with an eye towards how issues and the approach to their resolution can impact the company globally.
- Work effectively across business units, corporate functions and global cultures to resolve complex business and risk management issues especially for the German market but also in other EMEA markets.
- Monitor legislative and legal developments to anticipate required changes to business processes and help ensure that the company is in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations in existing and new markets.
- Help define and manage more efficient workflows for routine work to free up time for more complex work.
- Interface with external parties (e.g. regulators, consumer associations, local authorities, municipalities, law enforcement representatives and public officials).
- Serve as a strategic partner to the Government Relations and Operations teams and assist with the negotiation and conclusion of contractual arrangements such as memoranda of understanding with public authorities, governmental bodies and municipalities.
- Fluent in German with excellent written and oral English language skills. An additional European language would be an advantage.
- Qualified lawyer with 7-10+ years relevant experience.
- Proven high-performing legal experience in a multinational in-house environment is a must with experience in private practice preferred. Startup experience would be a plus.
- Knowledge of and relevant experience in GDPR.
- Corporate law experience (e.g. corporate fundraisings, due diligence, acquisitions and corporate governance) whether in private practice or in an in-house environment would be preferred.
- Deep experience in dispute resolution and litigation in Germany would be preferred.
- Works well under pressure with a high degree of organization, diligence and minimal supervision.
- Clearly articulates and communicates concise, practical and business-focused advice to clients.
- Excellent judgement and adept at combining legal analysis with a close understanding of the relevant business priorities and company’s risk appetite to drive issues to a quick resolution that factor in many non-legal variables such as brand-risk, PR, government relations, insurance and other business concerns.
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Ability to anticipate and “see around the corner” with respect to legal issues or risks and to build the processes and systems to prevent or mitigate them.
- Ability to manage a diverse and complex workload while maintaining priorities and proactively anticipating issues, particularly in a fast-paced corporate environment.
- Strong collaborative leadership and interpersonal skills with proven ability to proactively build and maintain productive relationships with colleagues.
What We Offer
- Opportunity to revolutionize transportation in your hometown and EMEA, with the leader in urban mobility solutions
- A position that offers a variety of career and resume building experiences with a rapidly growing startup
- Scale with a rapidly growing organization, with tons of opportunity for growth
- Play a role in the transformation of urban mobility and sustainability
- Work with a team of fun and motivated coworkers
- Competitive salary and benefits
Interested. Please apply here.