Twig is a UK-based startup that offers giving and data solutions to financial technology companies and e-commerce stores. Through access to a curated database of highly impactful nonprofit projects, implementation partners can offer their users hyper-personalised donation solutions (no more generic ‘give to charity’ buttons at checkout) whilst also using data to gain additional user insight and increase customer stickiness - an incredibly powerful tool in a purpose-driven world.
Twig is currently working on the development of an API, with partners already lined up to implement its solutions. We are looking for a product manager to have managerial oversight of the development of the API, as well as other areas of the business, including partner and charity outreach. It would be great if the PM also had some programming experience, to assist the technical team.
About the role:
We are looking for a super project manager to join Twig’s ambitious and growing team in the UK. The role is a unique opportunity to be part of a young startup tackling problems in a space ripe for innovation.
We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. If you are passionate, ambitious, proactive and hungry to learn we would love to hear from you - these are the most important characteristics we’re looking for in the successful candidate. Twig is committed to diversity and inclusion and believes diversity of backgrounds enriches its team. We welcome applications from all candidates and will review them on the basis of qualifications and experience only. The Twig team are looking forward to meeting you!
- Juggling multiple projects at the same time across different departments (and telling people off if they don't deliver).
- Designing project roadmaps and ensuring jobs and tasks are allocated and completed.
- Assisting technical team with development efforts (we welcome people who want to enrich their technical expertise).
- Attending meetings with the founding team in London.
- Attending meetings with potential implementation partners.
- Attending Twig social events (we're currently planning a weekend away over the summer, Covid permitting, of course!).
- Have solid experience in project management for technical projects.
- Proven ability of successfully managing entire projects or phases of projects across the delivery lifecycle (design, build and test) along with effective management of the associated budgets.
- Have experience working with Jira or other project management software products.
- Some FS/FE/BE programming experience is a massive bonus!
- Be conversant with Scrum / Agile methodologies.
- Have experience using different delivery methodologies: Agile and Waterfall.
- Have a good understanding of risk, assumption, issue and dependency management.
- Have experience in a startup environment and understand the need to be flexible and agile.
- Have a strong interest in the nonprofit/social/environmental sector(s).
- Have experience within fintech and/or e-commerce.
- Have strong communication skills with experience of working with clients.
- Have strong organisational skills managing multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Be incredibly proactive and not need constant direction in order to achieve outcomes.
- Small hardware budget
- Social events
- The opportunity to have real input into an early stage, impactful startup.
- Good times!