Leading the humanitarian sector towards a tech-accelerated model of aid delivery is a massive—and extremely rewarding—challenge. It takes a brilliant and mission-driven team to improve millions of lives in an ever-changing world. To make it happen, we're now looking for an experienced, visionary Technical Lead to set the direction for Digital Transformation at NRC.
As our new technical lead, you will help us lead the humanitarian sector into a tech-accelerated model of aid delivery by being future-oriented with a long-term vision, thinking methodically and on a global scale, and setting a high standard for solutions. You understand and see problems from different angles, are able to break down complex problems and connect the dots, and consider contextual caveats and risks.
Flexible and responsive, you're comfortable with uncertainty and can adapt quickly. You're a team player by nature. You build bridges across silos, default to sharing, support your colleagues in achieving their goals, and focus on solutions rather than obstacles.
Norwegian Refugee Council will support/facilitate the immigration paperwork required for the winning candidate and cover the associated costs.
- Lead the strategy for building NRC's information management ecosystem in terms of architecture, engineering, and technology choice, starting with the projects assigned to the Digital Transformation Team in the first year.
- Be responsible for the delivery of technical solutions and leadership of development cycles for upcoming systems and ensure delivery according to product roadmaps.
- Guide technical team members on solution approaches and sign off on technical decisions and delivered solutions.
- Carry out hands-on prototyping and evaluation of solutions and tools.
- Work closely with developers to implement "Agile" and effective development and release cycles and constantly optimise the setup.
- Coach and motivate team members to deliver high-quality results within the set targets and timeframes.
- Organise and facilitate key sessions, workshops, and training as required by various project phases, such as requirement gathering, testing, and rollout.
- Collaborate with externals to ensure proper deliveries and effective partnerships.
- Communicate progress, report existing and anticipated project challenges, and identify areas of needed support.
- Manage aspects of project budgets in collaboration with the Head of Unit.
- 5 years of relevant experience with IT projects and/or startups.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering, or related subjects, or demonstrable expertise in the field.
- Advanced analytical skills and problem-solving attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Capable of operating in an Agile environment and high levels of uncertainty.
- Comfortable working remotely within a geographically distributed team.
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Other languages are an asset.
- Advanced technical experience in software development with teams designing and implementing information management solutions.
- Strong skills in full-stack web development (back-end and front-end) and/or mobile development.
- Solid knowledge of cloud infrastructure, SaaS platforms, and web application design and architecture.
- Demonstrable experience in managing Agile software development projects and an in-depth understanding of the software development cycle.
- Skillset to engage with a variety of stakeholders and align points of view in a strategic and forward-thinking manner.
- Familiarity with enterprise information systems in general and CRM and ERP in particular is highly desirable.
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills are a huge asset.