We are looking for a skilled and passionate Technical Game Artist who will support us in building hyper-casual hit games.
Sunday is a recently founded mobile game developer and publisher. Backed by a substantial investment from Bertelsmann, we have the goal to become one of Europe’s leading mobile game companies in the next years. We want to achieve this by creating extremely engaging and addicting games with smart and player-friendly monetization, and highly-efficient performance marketing.
What you will do
- You will work directly in Unity to create scenes for game prototypes
- You will create gameplay videos from these prototypes to quickly test the game’s marketability
- You will implement the game’s art style in Unity according to current trends in hyper-casual games and pop / gaming culture
- You will create amazing gameplay experiences by implementing visual effects
- You will create simple models and animations
- You will have ownership for your game ideas and all the creative freedom you need
- You will impact the culture and processes at an early stage of the company, no legacy, no politics!
- You will work together with fellow game, marketing, and business nerds who love to have fun at work and outside of it
Who you are
- You have a very good understanding of graphic design and a great track-record of creating astonishing game art
- You have good knowledge of basic animation principles
- You have experience working directly in Unity together with developers
- You have mastered Photoshop, After Effects, and other Adobe CS tools
- You have experience in 3D modelling, vertex painting and rigging (Bonus)
- You have a deep understanding of visual trends in hyper-casual games
- You love working together with smart, passionate and driven people, that hold themselves and others to high standards and want to grow constantly
- You like to celebrate your successes together with your team and also support them in difficult times
What we offer
- Experienced leadership team with over 15 combined years in startups, technology, product, and app monetization through all growth stages, from back-alley to unicorn company
- High impact and the opportunity to shape our business – Share your creativity, support your ideas with convincing arguments and make them happen!
- Fast-paced startup environment & a highly motivated team in a great location (Hamburg Schanze)
- We provide free drinks, free gym membership, flexible working hours and competitive salary
- Choose your own hard- and software!
We celebrate diversity and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We are looking forward to your application!