Looking for an experience CFO for a young and dynamic startup, recently the winner of “Startup with the Most Investment Potential”.
Our CFO is expected to be experienced in the dynamic, agile and proactive financia management of an early stage start up, with knowledge and experience in anything from financial planning and analysis to all stages of fundraising. Experience in investors relations is a bonus.
Company: Service Club is a Training Academy and an On Demand Recruitment Platform for the Global Hospitality Industry. We have a small team and plans of world domination.
The job is as follows:
- Organising the entire finance systems and planning of a brand new start up from scratch, including Set Up Budget, Budgeted P&L, Cash Flows, Cost and Expense Management, identifying Funding Sources.
- Investigating ways to improve profitability and implementing agreed profitability activities. To act as the finance business partner for the Managing Director to track performance, deliver their budget and the longer term business plan.
- Creating forecasting & budgeting reports to support the creation of a financial budget and forecast for the company in line with the Companies Business Plans. Overseeing the flow of cash and financial instruments on a day to day basis.
- Preparing detailed and regular Financial Management Reports for the Director to specific deadlines.
- Planning and directing the profitability activities of other workers.
Manage and update company operating model and own all investor and board reporting around company targets and financial projections.
Process & Tools Implementation: Implement internal accounting processes to increase operational efficiency and financial statement accuracy. Any examples?
FP&A and Budgeting: Act as a strategic partner to individuals / future departments department leaders by providing visibility into their spending and helping create operational budgets. Manage the accrual process to maintain accurate financial reporting and cash planning, and support annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting.
Treasury: Oversee and manage banking relationships, optimize payment processes, and manage the flow of funds with our insurance partners.
Organizational Development: Develop an effective accounting team structure, recruiting and managing top finance talent. Build a finance department from scratch and manage.
Corporate Accounting: Liaise with our external accounting office and direct all day-to-day financial accounting activities, including a timely and accurate month-end-close process, internal financial reporting for executives and department leaders, and reconciling various financial and accounting systems.
- Ensuring compliance with applicable laws and procedures.
- Ensure a smooth running credit control system. Credit control & liaison with creditors and clients.
- Analysing markets for business opportunities, such as expansion, mergers or acquisitions
- Total financial inspection and control of a small, young and vibrant team keeping the eye on “money” on a daily basis.
And anything else “finance”…
- At least 4 years' experience in Corporate Accounting in Spain. Experience in a high-growth tech company highly preferred.
- Degree in Finance and/or Accounting.
- Knowledge in Spanish accountancy and taxing systems.
- Extensive experience using accountancy programs in Cloud. Any examples?
- Capable of working on your own.
- Strong communication skills needed along with excellent analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Excited by the challenges of a fast-moving, promising start up.
- Integrity, intelligence, energy along with strong business sense.
- Recognition of the importance of fun, humor and humility in creating a superlative working environment
Our core values:
- Get ready to join a group of diverse, smart, talented, driven and frankly little mad individuals. We are looking for people who are motivated by creating something from scratch while problem-solving with us on a daily basis.
- We’re hardworking, we put out 100% into this and we will make it happen.
- We are agile. We change our minds from morning to the evening and we will do so until we get it right.
- We are tough. Every day is a fight and we love it.
- We are warm. Loving. Supportive. Ethical. Creative. Professional. Brave. And very VERY resourceful.
- We are here for a mission: we will make good service standard, no matter how small or big the restaurant is. And the way to do this will be accessible, practical, free and fun education.
Location: On-site in Barcelona
If you’re the right candidate, we want to hear from you. Please apply by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Finance Manager in the subject line.