CompareEuropeGroup is building a team to launch our proven FinTech platform in a new market. We are a lean startup focusing on small teams with decision making power to enable fast and innovative work. Our teams are passionate about technology and high quality, reliable, software while continuously optimising their processes and procedures to create a fast-paced environment.
We are growing at a rapid pace and seeking enthusiastic, creative, intelligent, and fun individuals to join us in a variety of roles. In return, we can offer you a fun but hard-working environment where you can instantly see your contribution to the success of the company. We operate out of two locations: Athens, where we have the team responsible for the business, and Lisbon, where we have the technology and product team.
We are looking for a Technology lead to oversee the operations of our development team. Your responsibilities will be to manage the day-to-day of a small team of talented software developers, ensure on-time delivery of business goals, and continuously maintain and improve the quality of the codebase. You will work hand-in-hand with the product managers to understand product needs and use your extensive expertise and team development skills to implement custom features using best practices.
We work in cross-functional teams, each consisting of a product manager, a UX/UI designer, and software engineers (front-end/back-end).
Most of our stack is Java-based Grails application, Elasticsearch ELK stack, RDS PostgreSQL, React, Vue, Git, Jenkins CI, and CloudFormation templates, all run on AWS.
- You believe in developing organisation knowledge and talent through proactive teaching and thorough documentation
- You have an advanced understanding of IT infrastructure and software architectures and have real-world experience working through the design, development and release cycle
- You have excellent leadership and decision-making skills, a strong knowledge of project management principles, and have demonstrated this through previous team management experience
- You have 5+ years of experience with Java or any other JVM languages (Grails and Groovy), and the Spring framework
- Experience with relational databases, such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
- You are comfortable working in an international environment with English speaking colleagues
- Directing and supporting the development and implementation of new software. I.e. taking end-to-end responsibility of delivery from business requirements to completed features. Ensuring smooth delivery and operation of IT services by monitoring systems performance
- Architecting applications by thinking in systems, services, and component relationships
- Continuously improving our application to analyze and optimize performance, both frontend and backend
- Overseeing all IT operations including staff and infrastructure. Ensuring the maintenance of current projects and technology systems
- Managing and developing employees in the Technology team, including hiring and capacity planning
- Provide direction, guidance, and training to IT staff on writing well designed, testable, and efficient code using best software development practices
Why working with us:
- You will not be bored, you will work on hard and challenging real-world problems
- Ability to work on platform products that you can own outright
- You will expand your knowledge on systems, architecture and data processing
- Remote work 2 days per week
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Relocation support to Lisbon and 22 paid vacation days
- Grant for transport
- Grant for food approx € 150 per month
- Private medical insurance with Multicare
- Central Lisbon location and an AWESOME team!