As part of our ONEGLOBE initiative we are seeking for our Global Transaction Centre (GTC) for the next possible date a Team Lead (m / f / d) General Ledger (Western Europe and South America), a leadership position at KWS Berlin GmbH.
The GTC Lead of General Ledger Team collaborates with the Head of General Accounting, Tax & Treasury to provide effective and highly efficient transactional processes.
While achieving operational excellence through continuous improvement, the GTC Lead of General Ledger Team ensures internal and external customer inquiries of transactional services are delivered in a competent and timely manner.
The GTC Lead of General Ledger Team leads one of the three General Ledger teams with the emphasis on general ledger accounting, intercompany and asset accounting, IFRS and local GAAP financial statements.
This job will be unlimited and in full-time.
The place of work is Berlin.
Your Tasks :
- Ensure delivery of transactional services in accordance with the defined Service-Level-Agreements (SLA).
- Ensure execution of accrual and provision accounting, assets accounting.
- Manage preparation of financial statements according to IFRS and Local GAAP.
- Inspire , lead and guide employees of GTC General Ledger team.
- Proactively identify service delivery issues and take appropriate action, promote performance improvement initiatives and use of best practices.
- Collaborate with all stakeholders, departments of the organization to ensure that rules and guidelines are adhered to and decisions reflect Rules Guidelines and Procedures.
- Implement, follow-up and continuously improve KPI’s
Your profile :
- Preferably academic degree in Business Administration or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in the field of Finance in an international environment and at least 2-3 years’ proven leadership experience
- Experience working in a Shared Service organization, international environment, in accounting.
- Knowledge of preferably French local GAAP Accounting and strong IFRS knowledge.
- Fluent in English and in French. Any additional European language would be an advantage (written and spoken)
- Customer oriented attitude, excellent communication skills.
We are an international team with diverse and cross-functional experiences shared by open-minded people
Best of both worlds : KWS Berlin combines the security of a big, stable company with the passion of a start-up
- As a family-backed company we are guided by the values of closeness, reliability, foresight and independence; this culture is lived in practice creating an open and friendly working atmosphere from day one
- Our location in the heart of Berlin Schöneberg is very modern, directly opposite of a train station and with secure car & bike parking facilities
- We offer unlimited contracts with 30 days of holiday, time account, flexible working hours, additional payment for holiday and Christmas, JobRad and / or financial support with the public transport ticket
- Following our motto Make yourself grow , we support employees’ professional and personal development with individual training measures
Join us now and become part of the KWS group! We are looking forward to your online application.
Screen readers cannot read the following searchable map.
Follow this link to reach our Job Search page to search for available jobs in a more accessible format.
KWS is one of the world’s leading plant breeding companies. Over 5,000 employees in more than 70 countries generated net sales of around €1.
5 billion in the fiscal year 2021 / 2022. A company with a tradition of family ownership, KWS has operated independently for 165 years.
It focuses on plant breeding and the production and sale of seed for corn, sugarbeet, cereals, vegetables, oilseed rape and sunflower.
KWS uses leading-edge plant breeding methods to continuously improve yield for farmers and plants’ resistance to diseases, pests and abiotic stress.
To that end, the company invested more than €285 million last fiscal year in research and development.