Who are we:
Be part of Marfeel, one of the hottest European start-up companies in the mobile ad-tech world. Named as Wired Magazine’s 2015 Top 100 Startups, Inc.5000 nº 1 Fastest Growing Marketing and Advertising Private Company in Spain in 2017, and 16th out of Europe’s 1000 fastest-growing companies by the Financial Times in 2018. We are recommended at the very top by Google itself for our mobile design solution. Together with our partners we have over 6 billion worldwide readers and over 20 billion page views. Our headquarters are based in sunny Barcelona.
Certified Google Publishing Partner
Certified Facebook Instant Articles Official Partner
We are looking for a highly energetic and passionate SysOps to be part of the Marfeel Revolution.
As a SysOps you will be responsible for giving solutions to the internal day-to-day tasks by being an active actor within the Operations team. You will manage our cloud infrastructure, build-server farms, provide environment updates, monitor alerts and give support to occasional help-desk tasks.
We have 600 million visits, over 2 billion page views and we are scaling with the minimum number of servers possible. Challenge accepted?
This is you:
- You are a methodical type of person and "Doer" is your middle name.
- Your friends tell you that you can't leave anything undone and quality is your priority.
- You feel like you have a mission, not just a task.
- You love new things and you can take or come up with a high-level idea and run with it.
- You're always curious about what’s out there in the open-source world, you love to evaluate it and make decisions.
- You know the importance of being part of a universe where all the departments need each other and work together for a mutual goal.
- You can communicate with technical and non-technical people alike to show both technical and functional command of what you are doing.
- You are motivated and excited by solving tech challenges and contributing to a team in a truly cutting-edge environment.
- You care about online news and user experience.
- You are definitely a technology enthusiast.
- You are an international team player.
- You are eager for knowledge.
- You have lots of stamina and you get bored if you don't have anything to do.
- You are hands-on and proactive.
- You are fluent in English (it’s a must).
This will be you:
- You will take part in the design and deployment of new cloud services.
- You will help manage the cloud infrastructure on GCP, AWS and Azure.
- You will evolve a build-server farm that manages more than 100 builds every day.
- You will do periodic IT operations, like: revise KPI evolutions, monitoring systems, SLA compliance, etc.
- You will follow up and solve IT incidents.
- You will manage the user privileges to all internal and external services.
- You will support help-desk tasks.
You must have:
- At least 3 years of experience in Linux and Mac OSX administration.
- The ability to write scripts to speed up and simplify system maintenance processes (BASH, Python, Perl, ...).
- A feeling of being at home with web, proxy and application servers (Apache, Nginx, Varnish, HAProxy, Jetty, Tomcat, ...).
- Complete understanding of container technologies and how to apply to reduce DevEx complexity.
- Experience managing deployment technologies (Jenkins-ci, Travis-ci, ...)
- Experience regarding Network (TCP/IP, WiFi Access Points, DHCP, DNS, NFS and network hardware configuration).
- The ability to troubleshoot networking issues at a local level.
- Agile methodologies and Continuous Integration workflows.
- Experience with task ticketing management systems (RT, JIRA).
We will be impressed if you have experience in/with:
- Various GCP/AWS/Azure services and understand the challenges of deploying large applications in the cloud.
- MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Kibana, MySql, Prometheus, Nagios, Munin, Ansible, Chef, Puppet,...
- Prior experience in a DevOps environment.
- Content delivery network platforms (Fastly, CloudFront, Akamai, Verizon, ...).
- Back-end technologies (Java, Spring, ...).
- Google Apps (manage users and groups).
- vPBX and VoIP understanding.
- PKI basic knowledge.
This will be you as part of the Marfeel team:
- Working on an international, multicultural and talented team and enjoying our sunny terrace.
- We have more than 27 nationalities so you will not get lost in translation.
- Flexible working-time.
- Free commodities (coffee, tea, juices, etc).
- Ping-pong, Mario Kart and foosball tournaments.
- Free language and yoga classes
- Team building events!
- Transport, restaurant and kindergarden tickets.
- Training, books and all you need to feel empowered.
- And a Referral Bonus if you bring other talented people like you.