Do you want to help shape local democracy for the digital age? You've come to the right place.
CitizenLab introduces an improved way of local democracy for the digital era. Our SaaS platform, used by already over 100 European cities and municipalities, facilitates a two-way communication between the city and its citizens. We're on a mission to empower many more citizens and give them a direct say in their town hall's decisions, while helping governments take smarter policy decisions.
Design at CitizenLab
We are looking for an empathetic and talented Designer to help strengthen the CitizenLab branding, and communicate our impact across all our channels. For this role, you will collaborate side-by-side with our product designer, as will as with all the other teams to make sure you gasp and sketch out the business needs to attract the right audience. If you can use your creative skills to turn messages and ideas into appealing designs, we would like to meet you.
- Wireframe and prototype according to business requirements.
- Combine hand-drawing and painting with digital media to create complete illustrations.
- Refine designs with illustration software.
- Use various colors, graphics and effects to better visualize each concept.
- Participate in design briefs with marketing, sales, and product to identify their needs.
- Brainstorm with the design team to come up with new ideas, patterns and styles.
- Stay up-to-date with new design techniques and software.
You're a digital native who is looking for an opportunity to apply their existing skills and build new skills in design, who has an action-oriented mindset and who wants to be part of a fast-growing startup with a social impact.
- You love working autonomously and have a strong purpose-driven spirit.
- You want to be a change maker and have a keen interest in the topic of digital democracy.
- You're dynamic, take initiative and like to be challenged.
- You have outstanding graphic skills to create compelling illustrations and design easy to use, loved products.
- You have a passion and skill for the intersection of user experience, business, marketing, and data.
- You have a bias for action and a results orientation that leads you to want to ship designs fast, learn from both quantitative and qualitative data, and iterate quickly.
- You are an expert at using design software: Figma, Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketch or other design apps don't have any secret for you.
- You know that design is as a collaborative process for you, and you're proactive on asking other people's feedback.
Eagerness to learn, talent, and enthusiasm are more important than ticking the boxes though. Even if not all desired requirements are met, but you're very excited about the role, we want to hear from you.
What can you expect from us?
- Unlock your full potential and learn rapidly. We're daily working with +100 governments to connect them to their citizens.
- Work in a fast-paced, collaborative and supportive environment—right in the heart of Brussels.
- Be part of our dynamic European team. We organise many team activities and go for lots of spontaneous after-works... which inevitably turn into political discussions after two beers—that's an interest we all share. 🙂
- Informal work vibe with open communication and full transparency on results.
- Participate in inspiring team lunches, bi-quarterly strategic town halls, bi-yearly off-site team retreats.
- Receive a compensation for your internship to cover living expenses.
CitizenLab is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.