Do you want to help shape local democracy for the digital age? You've come to the right place.
CitizenLab introduces an improved way of local democracy for the digital era. Our SaaS platform, used by already over 100 European cities and municipalities, facilitates a two-way communication between the city and its citizens. We're on a mission to empower many more citizens and give them a direct say in their town hall's decisions, while helping governments take smarter policy decisions.
Business Development at CitizenLab
We are looking for a Business Development Intern to act as the liaison between our Marketing and Sales teams. Your role will be to seek new business opportunities by contacting and developing relationships with potential customers.
- Qualify leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities
- Contact potential clients through email and phone
- Present our company to potential clients
- Identify client needs and suggest appropriate products/services
- Customize product solutions to increase customer satisfaction
- Build long-term trusting relationships with clients
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market
- Set up meetings or calls between (prospective) clients and our sales managers
- Report bi-weekly to the Head of Sales on the sales results
You will be closely collaborating with the sales manager and marketing team on a specific market (France, UK, Netherland, or Belgium) throughout your 3-month or 6-month internship.
- BSc degree in Business Studies.
- Enthusiasm, humor, empathy, and the ability to convey this through phone, email and in-person communication.
- People have to enjoy talking to you. And you have to enjoy talking with them.
- Hungry to learn and teach. We invest heavily in making each other better.
- Bias towards immediate action and results. You’ve got to love measuring your own progress.
- Willingness to take responsibility and accountability that comes with the autonomy you’ll get.
- Patience and empathy. Customers like this.
- Consummate multi-tasker who can wear multiple hats.
Eagerness to learn, talent, and enthusiasm are more important than ticking the boxes though. Even if not all desired requirements are met, but you're very excited about the role, we want to hear from you.
What can you expect from us?
- Unlock your full potential and learn rapidly. We're daily working with +100 governments to connect them to their citizens.
- Work in a fast-paced, collaborative and supportive environment—right in the heart of Brussels.
- Be part of our dynamic European team. We organise many team activities and go for lots of spontaneous after-works... which inevitably turn into political discussions after two beers—that's an interest we all share. 🙂
- Informal work vibe with open communication and full transparency on results.
- Participate in inspiring team lunches, bi-quarterly strategic town halls, bi-yearly off-site team retreats.
- Receive a compensation for your internship to cover living expenses.
CitizenLab is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.