Start: February 2019 or later
Office: Berlin – full time
Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open OnlineCourses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus.
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. We are a team of 70 education experts, techies, student supporters, project managers, communicators, grant writers, business people, organizers, analysts, coffee-drinkers, dreamers and doers, who work together on this mission everyday.
Opportunities & Responsibilities
- Managing multi-channel students communications and ensuring that the messaging is consistent across platforms;
- Improving self-support tools by ensuring that the information is updated, reflects Kiron’s offers and values and answers to students’ most frequent questions;
- Analysing support data and students’ feedback to design data-driven and customized interventions that will increase activity, satisfaction and success;
- Contributing to the improvement of the student experience through team’s insights and cross-team innovation processes;
- Optimizing and automating communications and support workflows to ensure efficiency and scalability;
- Contributing to building our online student and alumni community and encouraging them to engage in peer-to-peer support and content sharing.
Your set of skills
- You hold at least a Bachelor’s degree and ideally have a minimum of 2 years of professional experience coordinating projects in the educational or social sector;
- You have strong communication and strategic thinking skills;
- You have excellent English skills (both spoken and written, min. C1 level, according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)), German and Arabic are a big plus;
- You are detail and goal-oriented and do not hesitate to show initiative and ownership;
- You share our vision of a world in which everyone has equal chances to access and be successful in higher education.
- The atmosphere of an innovative and fast-growing social startup with several stakeholders (refugees, corporations, NGOs, higher education and public sector institutions);
- Flexible working hours at our Berlin location;
- The opportunity to shape an innovative educational provider with your initiative and creative input focussing on the student’s needs.
As an equal opportunities employer, Kiron strongly encourages people with a refugee background and women to apply. The position is suitable for people living with a disability. In case of two equally qualified candidates, preference will be given to the candidate living with disability.
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject “SCM + your name”. Include your cover letter, CV and possible starting date in English in a single PDF file until 24th of February to Camila Sarmanho.