About us: The mission of VR First is to drive innovation further and facilitate access to the hardware needed for the development of the newest technologies. VR First sponsors equipment to labs and supports them on the organization with events and VR/AR projects. For the last 2 years, VR First has grown into a large network of over 100 000 developers, founders and students. Make virtual reality a part of your reality with VR First!
VR First will provide training opportunities throughout the year to ambassadors to encourage skills development and increase employability.
Who we are looking for: A motivated and socially engaged student who serves as an intermediary between your university’s VR/AR lab and VR First. As a VR First ambassador, your passion for VR/AR and curiosity drive your engagement. You are able to understand the big picture of VR/AR development and are able to report to VR First about the different projects going on in your university’s lab. You like to communicate with professors and fellow students to create non-biased information and are not shy to ask for information. You are a easily accessible (slack, skype, email, whatsapp, etc) and ready to keep in contact with the team at VR First. This post is completely flexible around your academic studies as academic commitments should come first
- You are motivated to become involved in your academic and social environment at your local university
- You are passionate about VR/AR and are curious about how the future looks like
- You have outstanding communication and writing skills, including good knowledge of grammar and style.
- You like to write and communicate with all sorts of people
- You are available for weekly or bi-monthly reports (max 1 hour a week) and monthly update calls with the VR First team and all 52 international VR First lab ambassadors
- Network of experienced professionals in the fields of business, technology and government at your fingertips.
- Regular skill building trainings about social media and VR/AR
- Invitation and Discounts to VR/AR events
- Build a global and local industry network in your community and globally
- Learn how to communicate on different social levels - from CEOs, to professors, to students, to developers
- Get amazing in communication, community management and social media
- Get a large social media follower base in your community
- Gain influence in your university
We are looking for resumes from committed volunteers from diverse backgrounds. We support equal opportunity. Send us your application firstname.lastname@example.org