Glovo Published: July 13, 2021
We’re a Barcelona-based startup and the fastest-growing delivery player in Europe, Africa and Asia. With food at the core of the business, Glovo delivers any product within your city at any time of day.
Our vision and ambition are not only to give everyone easy access to everything in their city, but it is also to offer our employees the job of their lives. A job where you'll be challenged and have the most fun working in through tech-enabled experiences.
YOUR WORK-LIFE OPPORTUNITY:
In Glovo, we want to change the way consumers buy groceries, and we believe that if we want to revolutionize the industry, we need to deliver a WOW experience to our clients. To reach this WOW effect you will be managing and coordinating one of our darkstores focusing on safety, quality, customer experience, productivity, and fun.
On a daily basis, you can expect to:
On a daily basis, you can expect to:
- Ensure a safe work environment for all your team
- Review the work forecasts and determine productivity requirements to produce during the day to meet the overall building objectives.
- Proactively identify and lead process improvement initiatives
- Balance labor, ensuring that you are operating a balanced and efficient Dark Store while meeting all production goals
- Embrace a start-up mentality and emphasize Glovos’ Core Values
BE A PART OF A TEAM WHERE YOU WILL:
- Responsible for at least one Dark Store.
- You are responsible for ensuring that you have properly trained people and that their needs are addressed so they can focus on their jobs.
- Motivating, coaching, reporting, and providing feedback of pickers’ performance continuously.
- Coordinate physical and virtual workflows, or flow of orders and materials to ensure products are dispatched on time.
- Allocate labor, lead meetings, direct and assign job duties for pickers.
- Perform in depth problem solving in all areas to ensure successful and continuous operations.
- Train, audit, and support employees to perform Glovo standard operating procedures and utilizing equipment and software
- Ensure pickers have proper tools to perform the job and coordinate repair or replacement when needed
- Report and escalate systemic issues to management as necessary and in a timely manner
- Review and update Standard Operating Procedures according to Glovo best practices
- Fully understand processes and daily goals, and make recommendations to improve performance
- Identify, address and resolve safety hazards within the Dark Store.
- Perform administrative duties, and additional functions, as needed and determined by management
- Work closely with other teams (HR, Category Management, Finance, Facility contractors, Safety Manager, LiveOps...) to create and implement initiatives.
- 1-2 years of relevant experience as a shift leader in retail
- Good communicator and motivator
- Problem-solving skill
- Good logical reasoning
- People management skills (team of 5-10)
- Prioritization and executional excellence
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma tools and Lean techniques.
EXPERIENCE OUR GLOVO LIFE BENEFITS:
Enticing Phantom Shares plan
Attractive Relocation package (if applicable ;))
Comprehensive Private Health Insurance
Cobee discounts on kindergarten, transportation, and food
Free monthly Glovo credits to spend on our restaurant products (and zero Glovo delivery fee on all Glovo orders!)
Cool perks such as fresh fruit and healthy snacks every day, beers on Fridays, the Glovo Festival every quarter!
Discounted Gym memberships
Flexible working environment
WHAT YOU’LL FIND WHEN WORKING AT GLOVO:
Gas: We work hard with energy and passion for what we do.
Care: We act in the best interest of a sustainable future.
Good vibes: We always see the positive side in every situation and act with fairness and honesty with everyone.
Stay Humble: We embrace mistakes and feedback to learn from them.
Glownership: We roll up our sleeves and get work done no matter our position and level.
If you believe you match these values, we look forward to meeting you!
At Glovo we believe that diversity adds incredible value to our teams, our products, and our culture. We know that the best ideas and solutions come by bringing together people from all over the world and by fostering a culture of inclusion where everyone feels heard and has the chance to make a real impact. It's because of this that we are committed to providing equal opportunities to talent from all backgrounds.