Location: Bulgaria, Canada, France, Germany, Mexico, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom, United States Docker is a remote first company with employees across Europe and the Americas.
This means we value transparency and asynchronous communication, but also understand that meeting in person is important.
At Docker, we simplify the lives of millions of developers who are making world-changing apps. Docker helps developers bring their ideas to reality by conquering the complexity of app development.
We simplify and accelerate workflows with an integrated development pipeline and application components. A fast-growing start-up, Docker offers a dynamic work environment.
The Product Team at Docker is looking for a Staff Product Manager of Build. Build provides one of the key pieces of Docker magic' - what you do on your machine works on the CI and in Production.
We're looking for someone to help us create and improve our build tooling - eg. Buildkit, signing, verification, customization etc - and explore how best to utilize these products for our developer community.
You will be a key driver in helping Docker reduce the friction for our developers within their software supply chain.
You will work with other product teams within the organization to understand and consider the benefits of our best in class developer tooling for all of our users, both individual and commercial.
You will explore how these tools can be packaged as SaaS to enable others to build best in class images.
You will interact with our community and users extensively to make Build tools accessible for all our developers.
Interest and sensitivity to the open source community is valuable as is the ability to effectively prioritize work across a senior and skilled engineering team.
- You own the roadmap and strategy for the product team. Working collaboratively with the team to understand broader group and company goals, responding to the needs of our users and prioritizing effectively.
- You empathize with and understand the world our customers live in and the constraints they work through. With an interest in helping more people use and love Docker.
- You enjoy building products that are easy to adopt and use.
- You have a keen design sensibility, and you are always looking for ways to improve the usability of your products.
- You are comfortable with significant ambiguity and will guide definition, prioritization, and scope, in concert with your and other cross functional teams to drive business outcomes.
- As the company grows, you will help to mentor other Product Managers and use your experience to hypothesize, validate and explore new opportunities.
You should apply if:
- You have deep empathy for the needs of developers.
- You have an interest in the open source community
- You are comfortable interacting with a command-line interface.
- You have experience building B2C, SaaS or have a background in Public Cloud
- You have experience working with agile teams.
- You can optimize for rapid learning you have experience creating clear hypotheses, and holding yourself and a team accountable to proving or disproving them quickly.
- You can explain complex ideas simply.
- You have effective written, verbal, and visual communication skills.
- You can analyze data to inform decision making.
- You have a collaborative approach and ability to work with distributed, cross-functional teams.
- You have experience running products at various stages of maturity, from legacy to greenfield.
- You are a doer as well as a strategist. We are small and need all hands on deck.
- Autonomy, freedom & flexibility; we trust you to get your work done
- Variety of virtual and in-person social events to build connections and have fun
- Home office setup; we want you comfortable while you work
- Generous maternity and parental leave
- Technology stipend equivalent to $100 net / month
- PTO plan that encourages you to take time to do the things you enjoy
- Docker swag
- Medical benefits, retirement and holidays vary by country
Whaleness" Days: an additional companywide day off each month
Docker embraces diversity and equal opportunity.
We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
EU Salary Range 78,000 EUR - 118,000 EUR (salary range can change if hired in at a different level)