At New Relic, the Managed Services organization creates the services/systems/software behind New Relic’s high-reliability infrastructure and deployment systems. Collaborating with the Sr. Director of Engineering, you will work closely with engineering teams and their leaders along with technical and product leadership to identify important problems, propose solutions and drive projects to completion.
We are looking for a Lead Software Engineer with a "cloud-first' ideology interested in this outstanding role revolving around solving some of the Managed Services organization's most meaningful challenges. If you are interested in cross-team collaboration, Infrastructure as Code, dealing with systems and migrations at a scale that not many organizations deal with, and live by automating all the things, this role could be for you!
Opportunity to work from a remote office may be available depending on applicant location.
What You’ll Do
- Be hands-on with our most influential software projects, doing individual research, prototyping in small groups or embedding as a full-time member of a team for the duration of a project.
- When embedding on a team, you leave it better than you found it. Success will be measured by teams’ confidence in their ability to maintain the systems that you have touched and how much the effort has enabled that team to move forward.
- Every week our engineers face new and exciting challenges. From massive scale Kafka and Kubernetes to DBaaS and CI/CD tooling, the job is to help the organization move faster and smarter.
What working on this team is like:
- We work with some of the smartest, the nicest people you'll meet. People who work here say the problems they work on are enormously challenging, and that the team culture is the most supportive they've seen.
- We are an organization of collaborators. We face our challenges, brainstorm, and build systems together!
- We own everything about our services from feasibility through to operations and support. This role will help by keeping our operational overhead to a minimum while still being dependable and responsive to support needs.
- We ship incrementally and often. We own our organization’s processes, and we continually improve on it.
- 6+ years of full-stack software engineering experience
- Real-world AWS experience including automated deployments and consuming various AWS services
- Infra as code
- Streaming data services
- Kafka experience
- K8s, EKS
This position is in our Barcelona office, which was established in October 2014 with our acquisition of Ducksboard, a privately held startup. We provide challenging work, opportunities to learn, high-quality teammates, a standard-setting product, and a company on the move. We offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Equity compensation plan.
- Performance reviews twice a year.
- Work-life balance and flexible schedule.
- Amazing and fun work environment.
- Private health insurance for you and your family, including dental coverage.
- Retirement fund and Life insurance.
- English and Spanish language classes.
- Office located in the center of Barcelona, very close to public transportation.
- We provide ergonomic furniture (chairs, desks) to keep you healthy and comfy.
- Fresh fruits, snacks, and beverages.
- We support technical meetups, both local and international.
- We help with relocation.
We are passionate about data visualizations in real time, APIs, intuitive UX, and beautiful design. We have no dogma but do whatever makes sense to deliver state of the art products.