Position: Sr. Talend Designer
Location: Newbury, UK
Department/Practice: CMI UK&EU/Computer Consultancy.
Job Purpose and primary objectives: Design and Implementation of ETL solutions with optimized performance using Talend DI platform
Key responsibilities: (please specify if the position is an individual one or part of a team):
- Have to work as a Talend Designer being a part of a Scrum Team.
- Translate functional requirements into technical design.
- Recommend design alternatives for data ingestion from variety of sources into different types of target databases.
- Design and develop data integration / ETL jobs using Talend Data Integration (DI)Ensure the best possible performance and quality of ETL jobs Understanding the business features and designing Talend data flow to build business rules to load data into target systems using various components in Talend DIDesign Talend jobs (ETL) to handle data migration from heterogeneous sources such as MS Excel, Flat Files, .CSV files,zip files, Oracle, MySQL to different types of target databases Work in scrum teams designing solutions to support large scale data management platforms following Agile methodology.
- Create HLD/LLD and Data Mapping sheet for source-Target data migration.Identify and test for bugs and bottlenecks in the ETL solution.
- Supervisory / Managerial responsibilities (please specify if the position will have persons reporting to it):
- Take active role in the continued growth of existing process.
Other responsibilities – Budgets, targets, equipment etc (please specify):
Design and Implementation of ETL (Talend) solutions with optimized performance A minimum of 3 years experience in ETL designing, creation of Data Mapping Sheet, HLD and LLDs.Strong foundation in Data Warehouse concepts, relational databases and data modelling in a RDBMS Ability to translate business requirements and
technical requirements into technical design Good knowledge of end to end project delivery methodology implementing ETL Strong UNIX operating system concepts and shell scripting knowledge Ability to operate independently with clear focus on schedule and outcomes Good oral & written communication skills Troubleshooting and debugging skills are essential
• 10-12 Years of technology Consulting experience.
• A minimum of 4-6 Years of experience in designing and developing job in Talend Data Integration (DI) and Data Quality (DQ)