As a Portfolio Scheduler, a Portfolio of Engineering Projects will be brought to your attention. You will reside within SABIC E&PM, the shared services Project organization to support our Manufacturing and Operations organization. Together with the Project Portfolio Managers, you work together as one team in E&PM Site Projects. You will put your leadership and management skills to bring Portfolio scheduling data in line with the requirements and project priorities.
The Portfolio Scheduler's role is to be overall responsible for the successful planning, execution, monitoring, control and close-out of the projects that have been entrusted to you.
By using your fine sense of importance a unique mix of technical, creative and interpersonal skills, you will guide your expert teams to identify issues and come up with practical solutions for changes to our facilities and assets.
You participate, lead and motivate, the expectations are high and budgets are lean – this drives you to set your team’s challenges. Guiding the way and focus on the positive outcome of the project to ensure flawless start-up.
- Facilitate communication with the rest of the organization
- Applies knowledge to develop all levels of a project schedule, identify critical path activities and resource allocation.
- Familiar with SABIC Planning and Scheduling procedures and Project Execution Instructions to the contractors.
- Has knowledge to establish a progress measurement system (PMS) for different projects and contracts, able to review and correct PMS submitted by Contractors.
- Has ability to develop Manpower plan and projections for projects.
- Has ability to use tools for risk analysis to identify impact areas in terms of Time in the schedule.
- Has ability to review progress against baseline plan to identify low performing areas of the schedule, understands root causes and can provide mitigating action plans to reduce variances.
- Has ability to review change orders submitted by a contractor with Schedule impact and advise project team of change order outcomes and any mitigation actions to be taken.
- Participation in all Kick-Off Meetings (KOM) for all projects for both FEED and EPC phases.
- Reviews and comments on all projects S curves for FEED (as required), overall EPC and individually (E, P, C phases of the project).