About Soapbox Labs
Soapbox Labs is a dynamic and creative Trinity campus company based in the convenient and central Portobello area of Dublin, Ireland. We are building speech recognition technology for children between the ages of 4 and 10, enabling device interactions for gaming, learning and communication. The SoapBox platform allows developers to incorporate our ‘smart’ cloud based engine into their digital apps and web services.
We are currently looking to expand our team to help develop our patent-pending, proprietary speech recognition system. We are looking for enthusiastic and self-driven candidates who thrive under minimal supervision, and dream big.
Soapbox Labs is seeking an experienced engineer with a strong background in speech recognition and signal processing. You are a creative and motivated individual with a keen interest in growing in an exciting start-up environment. You will be part of a team that delivers complex, scalable software solutions for applications based on children’s speech recognition.
You will be responsible for design, development, test, and deployment of speech models. With other members of the team, you will push the frontiers speech recognition research in order to develop advanced solutions. You will also be responsible for communicating with the developer team, anticipating bottlenecks and mitigating project risks.
- PhD in Speech Technology, Computational Linguistics or related area; or a relevant Master with good experience in conducting speech recognition based research
- Demonstrable experience using ASR software, specifically Kaldi
- Comfortable with the command line and experience with bash, python, or similar
- Experience working with speech data, feature extraction, signal processing etc.
- Experience working effectively with software engineering teams
- Positive team player attitude with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience implementing deep neural networks and other machine learning techniques
- Experience delivering on large-scale speech technology projects
- Published in peer reviewed journals
What We Offer
Successful applicants can expect to enjoy
- A competitive remuneration package (with the potential to earn stock options)
- Flexible working environment
- Our office is right over a great cafe and yoga studio!
- The chance to get in at the ground floor of this high potential start-up
We are keen to interact with talented people and will get back to the selected candidates quickly. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Apply directly to the hiring manager [email protected]. Please attach your CV and a cover letter explaining why you are the right person for us! You should include a list of publications (if relevant), and some details about the models/technologies you have used.
Must be willing to relocate to Ireland within a reasonable time period if applying from abroad.
No recruiters required at this time thanks.