SoapBox Labs is looking for a Speech Recognition Engineer to join our team.
You will work with our team to help us scale our speech recognition platform for children’s speech across a range of languages. We are looking for enthusiastic and committed candidates who thrive in a dynamic, self-directed team environment.
SoapBox Labs are building speech recognition technology for children between the ages of 4 and 12, enabling device interactions for applications such as gaming, learning and communication. Our technology, leverages state-of-the-art deep learning techniques and thousands of hours of real world children’s voice data to build the world's most accurate speech engine.
The SoapBox platform allows developers to incorporate our speech technology solutions into their digital apps and products empowering companies to join a speech-enabled future.
About the role
You will be responsible for design, development, test, and deployment of speech models. With other members of the team, you will push the frontiers speech recognition research in order to develop advanced solutions. You will also be responsible for communicating with the developer team, anticipating bottlenecks and mitigating project risks.
The Skills and Qualifications you need for this role (required)
- PhD in Speech Technology, Computational Linguistics or related area; or a relevant Master with good experience in conducting speech recognition based research and/or product implementation
- Demonstrable experience using ASR software, specifically Kaldi
- Comfortable with the command line and experience with bash, python, or similar
- Experience working with speech data, feature extraction, signal processing etc.
- Experience working effectively with software engineering teams
- Positive team player attitude with strong verbal and written communication skills
Skills that would benefit you in this role (desirable)
- Experience with deep neural networks and other machine learning techniques
- Experience with speech technology products in a commercial environment
- Published in peer reviewed conferences
- A second language is a plus
What We Offer
- A competitive remuneration package (with the potential to earn stock options)
- Unique opportunity to shape the future of children’s voice technology
- Flexible working environment
- Dynamic, friendly, supportive team
- Dublin 8 location in walking distance of Dublin City Center
- The chance to be involved in groundbreaking solutions in tech industry's next giant leap
We are keen to interact with talented people and will get back to the selected candidates quickly. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
You must be willing to relocate to Ireland within a reasonable time period if applying from abroad.
Please apply via our link: https://my.hirehive.io/soapbox-labs/jobs/38776/speech-recognition-engineer
Last applications: Friday November 23rd
SoapBox Labs is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to diversity in the workplace and we strive to reflect this in our company atmosphere and culture.
No recruiters required at this time thanks.