Who we are
At DESelect we make it easy for marketers to segment their customer data in order to do targeted and personalized campaigns. Specifically, we have created an app available on the Salesforce AppExchange. We also partner with Salesforce and multiple consulting firms and marketing agencies. We have customers all over the world, including USA, UK, Europe and Australia.
We do have an office in Antwerp, but about half of the company works remotely from different countries, like Greece, Croatia, Ukraine, Italy, Turkey, Poland. We’re currently with 20+ FTEs.
We are a young but fast-growing and very ambitious company with our main objective being GROWTH. To learn about our company culture, check out https://deselect.com/about, and pay close attention to our principles described there. DESelect is a place that enables you to be all you possibly can, with a stimulating work culture that believes in investing in and growing its people.
So what exactly does DESelect do?
We offer SaaS solutions that make it easier for users of Salesforce Marketing Cloud to create campaign segmentations (determining who they want to send their campaigns to). We provide a drag-and-drop interface so users don’t have to write SQL queries to do their segmentations.
Our core product is a software product that provides a powerful yet user-friendly UI that allows marketers to build their campaign segments, and builds a SQL query in the backend.
The core mission of a technical support manager is to make sure our customers are successful with our software products.
As you can imagine, helping customers with questions requires a good understanding of data models, understanding SQL queries, and converting SQL queries to DESelect functionality and the other way around.
Some typical kind of questions you’d help resolve:
- Why does this SQL query give another result than I’m expecting?
- Why does this selection built in DESelect give another result than this SQL query I have?
- How do I convert this SQL query into a DESelect selection?
- What should my master selections look like? (to build master data tables that are the input for DESelect selections?)
- I’m trying to achieve result X, how do I do that in DESelect?
- How can I optimize my selection?
You also provide our partners and sales people with the necessary means to position DESelect with their customers.
As a technical support manager, you will be responsible for the following:
- Answering questions coming in through technical support cases or during trainings: questions from customers, mainly regarding conversion between SQL queries and DESelect functionality
- Supporting less-technical customer success managers with keeping training materials and help desk support articles up-to-date with new developments, and creating new articles based on questions asked by customers.
- Collaborating with the product team:
- Communicate product feedback to the product team, provide input into the product roadmap
- Troubleshooting technical issues raised by customers
- Support Sales:
- During the sales process, customers will often give us SQL queries and ask how we can achieve the same result within DESelect. Your job is to help sales people with these questions, and build demo selections for complex questions.
- Professional Services: In the near future, we want to start offering some services to customers, that are partly consultative in nature. In some cases and for certain services customers already work with SI’s (service integrators) to provide such services. In other cases DESelect is in a good position to help the customer optimise their setup for getting segmentation to the next level. Concretely, this would be services like thinking with the customer about their data model, helping them make some decisions about how to configure certain features within DEselect, building selections together etc.
Working completely or partly remote is possible for this role, but you need to be located within the EU, as you would have access to customer data that needs to remain within the EU.
We’re looking for a candidate with the following competencies:
- Strong understanding of SQL (query language) to:
- help customers understand differences in results between SQL queries and DESelect segments
- building DESelect segments based on SQL queries
- explain the difference between certain functionalities in DESelect and how these translate into SQL statements
- Analytical; understand data models and analyze complex customer needs and SQL queries
- Experience in Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC), especially on the technical side. Having written SQL queries in SFMC, worked with apis in SFMC, having set up Automations etc, having integrated SFMC with other systems,...
- Strong listening skills so you can understand the questions and problems that need to be solved + can hear what people are not saying or seeing themselves. Sometimes what people actually need is not exactly what they are asking.
- Customer-focused, willing to help people. Likes collaborating with customers, customer success managers, product team and sales managers to solve customer needs.
- Strong English skills, both written and spoken
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-organized (managing your calendar, tasks, emails,..)
- Flexible, able to operate effectively with uncertainty and change
- Driven, self-motivated, enthusiastic, and with a “can do” attitude
- Comfort in a startup environment; we move quickly and wear many hats in a dynamic environment
Our ideal candidate for this position is a technical Marketing Cloud consultant.
We’re looking for a candidate with the following experience:
- 2+ years of experience in a technical role where you used SQL as part of your job, eg. a database expert, a BI expert, a technical marketer (ideally on SFMC).
- 2+ years of experience using Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Proven track record of working in a collaborative environment, where you had to collaborate with other team members and manage stakeholders and customers.
- A thorough understanding of Salesforce Marketing Cloud would be a big plus. This knowledge could have been achieved by using the platform as a user, or as a consultant.
We’re looking for a candidate for whom our 5 core principles resonate:
- Trust: because it is the foundation of doing business.
- Personal Responsibility: because we know individuals make a difference.
- Customer Experience: because it has become the deciding factor for customers.
- Continuous Improvement: because every day is an opportunity to do better.
- Adaptability: because we live and work in an extremely dynamic environment.
What we offer
- Competitive salary package
- Exciting work environment (we're expanding into the US in a few months)