About this role
Are you interested in building innovative technology that shapes the financial markets? Do you like working at the speed of a startup, but want to tackle some of the world's most complex problems?
Do you want to work with, and learn from, hands-on leaders in technology and finance?
At BlackRock, we are looking for Software Quality Engineers who like to innovate and solve complex problems. We recognize that strength comes from diversity, and will embrace your unique skills, curiosity, and passion while giving you the opportunity to grow technically and as an individual.
Being a technologist at BlackRock means you get the best of both worlds : working for one of the most advanced financial companies and also being part of a software development team responsible for next generation technology and solutions.
This role will be responsible for all aspects of software development, testing and ensuring compatibility with enterprise and solutions architecture by harnessing modern development technologies.
You will have the chance to define and develop new capabilities and engage with multiple development teams and partners across the Aladdin Product Group.
You are :
- Curious and eager to learn new things, with a healthy disrespect for the status quo
- Willing to embrace work outside of your comfort zone, and open to guidance from others; you make mistakes, but learn from them
- Passionate about technology, with personal ownership for the work you do
- Data-focused, with an eye for the details that matter to tackle the problem
The Aladdin Product Group develops and supports every facet of BlackRock's information system needs. Our global teams perform a wide variety of activities from maintaining system stability to growing the features and functionality of our state-of the-art trading and asset management platform, Aladdin.
APG -QA is a globally distributed team supporting Quality Engineering initiatives for applications on the Aladdin platform.
The Testing team employs use of industry-leading tools (HP Application Lifecycle Management, Selenium, Cucumber, Jenkins, Azure dev ops) to support the testing activities.
Your role :
The QA Engineer will work as part of the Global testing team. This is a globally distributed team supporting Quality Engineering activities for applications on the Aladdin platform.
Your key responsibilities :
- In collaboration with the Lead provide testing services for the global testing team including automation implementation and ensuring delivery is on time and of high quality for specific tools and processes.
- The QA Engineer will be responsible for functional / non-functional and automation testing activities of a project / module.
- Implement QA process and Automated testing for all the work streams to improve the overall testing cycle.
- The QA engineer will be responsible to build SME knowledge of project and be hands on.
- Ensure development , maintenance and execute automated scripts based on manual test cases; therefore the ability to automate , code using java and use of Cucumber, Jenkins, Azure Dev Ops is a must.
- Interface and liaise with the global Test, Business and Development teams, effectively communicating testing metrics, progress, schedules and issues impacting delivery.
- Able to identify, procure and manage environments and data required for testing
Your experience :
- 6+ years of experience working in Software Quality Assurance in a financial services firm
- Strong foundation in various SDLC methodologies - Waterfall, Agile
- Experience in quality assurance for complex suite of applications.
- Understanding requirements and experience in writing manual scripts.
Your technical experience :
- Minimum 2 years' experience in Microservice API automation.
- Minimum 5 years' experience using Selenium or Core Java
- Minimum 3 years' experience in Cucumber
- Exposure to AZURE dev ops, CI / CD integration.
- Exposure to following technologies : RDMS , SQL, *nix, windows, XML and Java
- Strong foundation in various SDLC methodologies - Waterfall, Agile, Unified Process
- Exposure to scripting languages like Jscript, Python would be an added advantage
You have :
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and come up with solutions to meet project needs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work and deliver results independently, self-starter
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission : to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses.
- Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy : support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities;
and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider employment-qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.