UniteLabs brings automation solutions to life science research facilities shaping the future of health, food, energy, and science. We are looking for an Engineering Lead to spearhead the development of a new software product in this space.
At UniteLabs we aim for simplicity over complexity. We like to review code, not only to maintain quality but also because we believe this is a key tool for communication. We strive to always understand why we take any decision, not just because a trend says so, or because it is the easiest approach, but rather look at the long term consequences.
What a Software Engineering Lead at UniteLabs does:
- Software life cycle management (concept, design, test, release, support)
- Lead, manage and structure the software development team
- Close and continuous collaboration with the product manager to design the best solutions
- Hands-on software development work
Coordinate development roadmap and resource allocation
- Develop and own processes to build high-quality software
- Responsible for software architecture and technology choices
What you can expect:
- Possibility to join the companies leadership team and own a part of the company
- Work in an international and enthusiastic team with diverse expertise, dedication, and lots of fun
- An attractive startup atmosphere with flat hierarchies
- A high level of autonomy, responsibility, and ownership in your role from day one - we don’t care how much you work, we foster productivity and quality of work
- Learn from others, and be a coach to your colleagues, irrespective of your experience
- Flexibility with holidays and remote work
- Our offices are located in Basel, Switzerland
The talent we’re looking for:
If you tick these boxes, you’re the right person
- Computer science degree or equivalent education
- At least 3 years of professional experience in developing software applications
- Strong teamwork skills - able to work with cross-functional teams
- Used to work with version control, code review, CI and agile methodologies
- Project and resource management skills
- Strong technical communication skills - able to explain complex concepts to technical and non-technical team members. You see thinking in levels of abstractions as a tool to let you do that.
- Organized working style and a desire to work collaboratively in interdisciplinary teams
Additional experience that would come in handy
- Web development experience with a framework such as Angular or React
- Leadership experience and skillset
- Experience in strategic work
- User Experience (UX) design
Basic knowledge and interest in biosciences
This position requires A) an employer-independent residence permit in Switzerland or B) citizenship in EU, Switzerland, UK, or Norway for regulatory reasons.
You also need to be able to commute to the office locations in Basel when necessary and feasible.